Sportbike World banner

Do you wear a jacket on hot summer days?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Geez, new to the board and full of questions...

I read the post a few messages down but thought this deserved its own little section (for us newbies) I've been looking for a nice riding jacket and a pair of pants to go over my slacks to ride to work.... the leather jacket I have is VERY thick but its a winter jacket and gets VERY hot (also baggy when riding) and I hate having to change my pants when I get to work (for several reasons.. hah hah).

Here's the question I have: how many of you, on hot summer days, don't wear a jacket?

I try not to, but today I rode home without the jacket because the temperature went up to 95 (whew). I really hate to not ride because I don't have a jacket that will keep me cool, but I want to be safe.

Thanks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Denim, once it comes in contact with asphalt, lasts about 8 feet. Ballistic Nylon is somewhat better, I think 20 to 30 feet. Leather is the best protection from road rash (other than not falling off). Your skin lasts about 3 inches.

I never ride without some sort of a Jacket and long pants. Usually, on a sportbike I wear Joe Rocket two piece zip-together leathers with full armor, Alpinestar racing boots, racing gloves (the kind with the carbon fiber knuckle armor) and a Shoei RF900 helmet. Yes, it is hot and uncomfortable when you aren't moving in the summer, but it ain't as uncomfortable as skin grafts.

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
I live in Arizona (On average it's 115+ degrees everyday during the summer) and never ride without my leather jacket, Helmet, Gloves and heavy boots. Sure I'm hot, but I'd rather be hot than not have any skin left.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts