Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a generic gift for my gf's bday. I asked her what she wanted and she said, "you shouldn't have to ask what i want...you should know".

With that being said, is there a gift under $80 I can get? I bought us tickets to the Red Wings game, but apparently since I already told her about them, i can't use them as a xmas or bday gift.

fwiw, her bday is nov. 23rd. She's turning 23. Help!!! :)

-=bmacd=-

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
bmacd said:
looking for a generic gift for my gf's bday. I asked her what she wanted and she said, "you shouldn't have to ask what i want...you should know".

With that being said, is there a gift under $80 I can get? I bought us tickets to the Red Wings game, but apparently since I already told her about them, i can't use them as a xmas or bday gift.

-=bmacd=-
Socks are under $80 ;)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
tell her to stop bein such a b*tch and just tell you wtf she wants.

DAMN im so sick of girls

haha sorry, im havin a little bit of a "domestic" problem with my gf of 2 years right now....

i dont know what to get her for her bday either, and its nov 5. but as of right now, i dont give a flying fu(k if i even get her anything

but yeah, so whoever answers your question, im sure i'll get some use of it too

ps victorias secret is ALWAYS a good idea, cause they think its cute, and then they show you (and hopefully use it to your advantage) and then you are happy and so is she....the downside is that a freakin little outfit from there costs like $100...

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
bmacd said:

-=bmacd=-
23 on the 23rd....this is her golden birthday. Not sure if that helps, but chicks dig sappy shit like that. Sometimes anyway. Maybe a present that ties into the golden birthday thing. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Dawn & Company has 1 hour massages for $65.00. They also have VERY relaxing facials for the same price. Seriously, I'd take a facial over a massage any day from that place. The girl who does them is amazing.

There's so many different things...... does she like bath/body stuff? All girls love Chocolate! How about a Godiva gift basket! Hmm...I'll have to think about it while I'm picking the kids up from school. I'll get back with ya! ;)

Jen

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Re: Re: To the ladies of SBW...

spicersh said:
23 on the 23rd....this is her golden birthday. Not sure if that helps, but chicks dig sappy shit like that. Sometimes anyway. Maybe a present that ties into the golden birthday thing. :dunno:
I got a bike on my 23rd b-day...cuz I was 23 on the 23rd too! Don't know if you can get one of those for 80 bux though! ;)

Jen

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Pick her up a PSP and a few hardcore games. When you give it to her and she's like, no I don't like it, then take it for yourself. Works every time. :p She can't say you didn't get anything for her...she just didn't like it. And it'll be her best birthday every as far as you're concerned. :twofinger

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
kawigirl_636 said:
Dawn & Company has 1 hour massages for $65.00. They also have VERY relaxing facials for the same price. Seriously, I'd take a facial over a massage any day from that place. The girl who does them is amazing.

There's so many different things...... does she like bath/body stuff? All girls love Chocolate! How about a Godiva gift basket! Hmm...I'll have to think about it while I'm picking the kids up from school. I'll get back with ya! ;)

Jen
I'll give her a relaxing facial for FREE :twofinger

seriously...screw the dumbshit.....I hate people that expect you to know what it is they want.....like we monitor their every want and need....and hell...women change their mind so often we are always wrong anyway....

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Bluto said:
Pick her up a PSP and a few hardcore games. When you give it to her and she's like, no I don't like it, then take it for yourself. Works every time. :p She can't say you didn't get anything for her...she just didn't like it. And it'll be her best birthday every as far as you're concerned. :twofinger
"They call him Dr Love" :rolleyes:

:twofinger

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
bmacd said:
lol...some great responses in here.

-=bmacd=-
Make sure you mention you weren't thoughtful enough to come up with it on your own, and then you and neller can have a night out on the town :laughing:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
bmacd said:
looking for a generic gift for my gf's bday.
I hear they're doing that with prescriptions these days :thumb:

·
Registered
37 Posts
go 4 the bling

JEWLERY!!!!! depending on her taste, a yellow or white gold bracelet. "rolo's" are "in"(I got one on ebay for 75$)(southfield jewlery exchange is a great place to go) U may have to kick in a LITTLE more with tax, but it'll be something she'll have 4ever. A chain n charm aren't impossible either... IMO, Chocolate-not very sentimental, flowers r tooo expensive and die. The underwear is fun, but she dosn't have something to show for it, accept to U hopefully.
Last but not least massages are sooo nice, but again it only lasts for an hour. As it was said, its her 23rd on the 23rd a big one so if you take the time U can find somthing nice, provided she likes jewlery. just my :2cents: :cool:
(silver is great if its her thing, and u can do alot with 80$) :thumb:

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
Okay, my first thought: what an immature little snot: "You should KNOW what to get me!"

Huh? Are you a freaking mind reader these days??? How annoying, and she needs to do her homework on guys. Guys don't do hints. Guys do: "Honey, I would really love that new '05 600RR for my birthday." Direct is good.

If you really want to get her that special thing, play dumb. "Honey, you have talked about so many things that interest you (helpful if you can give examples to her), and I would really like to know what you want the most."

The examples show you listen, unless there is one thing she has been blathering about for months, then most likely that's your best bet and you don't need to ask.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
I believe someone said sandals and a dildo...... If she don't like the sandals, she can go f herself. :D

As for ideas......... I got nothin. :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
me again

Nothin wrong with asking for help, at least ur thinkin ahead! Obviously alot of the men(boys?):crying: who have posted in this thread have some issues with women... Wonder why??? Gheeez fellas, like men are sooo easy to live with? dang!
:twofinger

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
It's not a surprise if you ASK for it. "Hun, I'd really like (enter gift here) for my b-day." When you get it, it's like....oh just what I wanted! Duh! It'd be nice if guys could think for themselves when it comes to this sort of thing. They have to be spoon fed everything else it seems...lol ;) I never tell hubby what I want for Christmas or birthdays. He always comes up with something awesome that I would never have thought of. I don't do it to be a bitch but I can't ever think of anything I WANT...except spa days!! :D:D

Jen

·
Registered
37 Posts
LAST ONE I PROMISE

Why generic?????? Do U want to make it look like U don't give a sh**t? U went to the trouble of seeking advise so I'm "assumining"(dangerous as that is) U weren't looking for the low blows like her being called a snot etc.. :mad:
If you should "know" what she wants, then U two are in a relationship that warrants non-generic gift giving

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
Re: LAST ONE I PROMISE

v-twins said:
Why generic?????? Do U want to make it look like U don't give a sh**t? U went to the trouble of seeking advise so I'm "assumining"(dangerous as that is) U weren't looking for the low blows like her being called a snot etc.. :mad:
If you should "know" what she wants, then U two are in a relationship that warrants non-generic gift giving

Low blow, huh? Geez, sorry for giving an honest opinion.

And you know what else? I don't expect my husband to know exactly what I want, he's not a mind reader, either. If there is something specific I want, I tell him. If not, then he knows me well enough to choose some cool stuff for me and I am always happy.

This situation sounds like she has something specific in mind, which is why I suggested digging for info. Heaven forbid. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts