Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was reading this thread on some site that was talking about running from the law. Everyone was talking about how dangerous it was and it's not worth it. So then is it ok to go fast if your not being chased by a cop?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think the best time to go fast other than the track is when a guy on a harley goes flying by you.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Running

Coming from somebody who knows, riding fast when being pursued by the law is NOT the same thing as just plain riding fast. When being pursued, you tend do so some really dumb-assed s**t! Trust me, it really is dangerous and not at all worth it. Luckily, I've outgrown my "youthful indiscretions" and lived to tell about it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do agree they are very different as far as an adrenaline rush is concerned, but they are both very dangerous. I don't think it's more dangerous when your running from the cops.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Run, don't run....either way if you get caught, call 586-979-6000. ask for Robinette.

Food for thought...20+ over, doing a wheelie, on camera, and in sterling heights. We pulled over before his lights went on and 4 minutes later left the scene without a ticket. I pry would have got caught trying to run...instead I admitted guilt and took away the cops fun in chasing us down. :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
Been there done that. More danger in being chased.

About ten cop cars and one helicopter, I was done in less than 5 mins.

speeding 130 mph
disregaurding red lights
cutting between cars
wheelie at 130 ( wreckless driving )
expired plates
no insurence
fleeing and eluding

bike impounded
custom painted helmet thrown to the ground
1 night in jail
lawyers fee:finger:

Not worth it stop and take the ticket:2cents:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
sonicsbomb said:
Been there done that. More danger in being chased.

About ten cop cars and one helicopter, I was done in less than 5 mins.

speeding 130 mph
disregaurding red lights
cutting between cars
wheelie at 130 ( wreckless driving )
expired plates
no insurence
fleeing and eluding

bike impounded
custom painted helmet thrown to the ground
1 night in jail
lawyers fee:finger:

Not worth it stop and take the ticket:2cents:
Hmm, now that ticket is worth framing! :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
Best part my lawyer Frank Fitzgerald, got all my charges dropped my buddy with me got like 4 points and a careless. Don`t know how he did it but didn`t really care total cost 750.00 and free and clear.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you city boys need to go riding in the country a little more. Ok I won't always run, there is a time and place for everything, but if I'm out in the country and some Roscoe P. Coltrane pulls out after me I'm gonna show him what technology has come up with. I wouldn't run in the city, through traffic, but I do see people do it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
NateDog74 said:
by the way should you fight all tickets if so I need a lawyer.
I've been issued 14 violations...and gone scott free 14 times. The lawyer cost me $250-600 each time...however my record is clear and my insurance was only $400 a year on fully covered 1300.

The lawyer fees far outweigh the cost of insurance in my opinion. Also Ernest Robinette at 586-979-6000 pretty much garantees the ticket removed if it was issued in Macomb County. We have other lawyer recommendations for Wayne and Oakland, although I haven't used them.

More food for thought....image what the impound guys do with your bike if you get caught.....I'll show ya some pics tomorrow from my buddies tow shop. The only thing worse than the pics is that the owner can't do one thing about what happens to the bike when its impounded. :mad:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
NateDog74 said:
I think you city boys need to go riding in the country a little more. Ok I won't always run, there is a time and place for everything, but if I'm out in the country and some Roscoe P. Coltrane pulls out after me I'm gonna show him what technology has come up with. I wouldn't run in the city, through traffic, but I do see people do it.
ROTFLMAO
and his dog FLASH!

too funny.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If there were absolutley no potholes on the road, no other cars and no gravel... well then I *might* think about evading...

otherwise, chances are you'll either end up in jail or dead.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
MrOrangePants said:
Ha, check this out....went out last night and talking to this girl found out she has a whip-ass lawyer that got her off her DUI. I asked who....Mr. Robinette, she replied. The guy is just awesome!

OPP
No need to run from the cops when you find a road like that, because speed is legal at the track!!:D

·
Registered
267 Posts
ManousoZX12 said:
If there were absolutley no potholes on the road, no other cars and no gravel... well then I *might* think about evading...

otherwise, chances are you'll either end up in jail or dead.
You can't outrun the Motorola....:2cents:

Then again, running and splattering yourself all over the road could be Darwinism at work too....:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Justin

·
Registered
316 Posts
:rolleyes: I gotta tell you fellows I don't normally run because most times I pull over and they let me go with a warning because I ride with cops. But Sunday mourning at about 1am I blew by an unmarked black cop car that was park under a bridge he was either running radar, sleepin or jerking off :twofinger
I was doing 110 when I past him I knew my exhaust def. woke him up if he was sleeping or made him go limp if he was choking it :D

Anyway I have been riding all day and I was one exit away from my house and I def. wasn't feeling like stoping so I was checking my rear view hoping he would just let me go but of course there went his light ..

So I roll the trottle flew past the next two exits at doing about 160 got to the next highway 795 entrance ramp took that at about 85 mph and came out of it at about 125 but what I forgot was that there was another sweep curve almost immediately after the corner I just came out of. I had no room to slow

I had no choice but to go into that corner at about 115 so I roll of the trottle immediately and went into the corner hoping and praying that my H2's are as good as most people claim they were.
I lie to you not; I almost shyt my pants around that corner because it seemed like it was never ending the bike felt confident all the way thru it though..

once I got out that turn I bawled out to the next exit on 795 and took that one and proceeded home at about 25 mph ..
when I got home I kissed my bike and decided never to run again because I definately didn't like the feeling of being chased. :hurl:

P.S. to the cop who chased me on SUNDAY morning :finger:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts