Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Squid
2019 Ducati Monster 1200s
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a friend or is it really you? It's o.k. you can say it's you :D IMO if your going to change something do it right and go all the way. Full system would be my choice because I could care less about a sound, it's the way the bike handles and need for speed I'm interested in. :)

------------------
John
http://photos.yahoo.com/jk6672

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, here's the situation. A friend of mine recently bought a 2000 R1. Basicly he is not impressed with the sound of the bike and wants to put a Akrapovic on. With that said the question is, is it neccesary to put on a full system (pipe, canister, jet kit $1,100) or can he get away with just a canister without rejetting ($600)? He is worried that if he only puts the canister on without rejetting the bike may perform poorly. Remember, all he cares about is the sound of the bike.

Thanks for any input.

------------------

G

·
....IMO even a slip-on requires jetting.

------------------
Watch out where those Huskies go , Don't you eat that yellow snow ....

Adam

·
Registered
8 Posts
Now why would I lie about having an R1 :D Here's a pic of mine. Oh, and you'll notice it has been pipped and jetted.

------------------

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Sweet ride there Crash. I especially like the jets, are those Factory Jets? :rolleyes: :D :D :D Just messing with you man, the bike does look nice though.

------------------
"When it rains, we all get wet, the Pope and the prostitute"-Santana

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
for less than an akro slip-on, he can get a full exhaust. or a mig high pipe, or an m4, or a black widow slip-on...

anyway ivan from rockland motorcycle makes killer jetting for the r1's. i've ridden a couple of r1's with slip-ons, mig and micron with ivan's needles. they do about 134 on the dyno, smooth lines. i highly recommend.

for details see the r1 forum.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Full system = waste of money for street... especially if sound is the concern. IMO(again) full systems are a waste of money on the new street bikes. They don't give much of an advantage over slip-ons on the new bikes. Akros are overpriced anyway. He should get a slip-on(not Akro) and use the money saved for rejetting. The bike would probably do fine without the rejetting but it is not that much to get them rejetted.

My $.02

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts