Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a stack on the tl ............... sh_t.Was a cnr near home i do all the time,so i go hookin in and the next thing i know the rear wheel is over taking the front well the rest is history.

Anyway the budget is getting pushed to the limit in repairs.Does anyone know the power differance between stock and rs3 yosh?
The shop wants $650 for a yoshi! So i was thinking of going back to stock but will have to remap it to suit and dont want to do that if the power lose will be big.

Thanks
Cyas

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
if it's the right side, you can find a gsxr can for that side. they say they fit. don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Maxis, I'm really sorry to hear that. I am glad that you are okay though.

I'll get back to you about the Yoshis on a TL. I do think you'd notice a difference, but I'll cross-reference someone more knowledgable and get back to you.

Still working on that suspension question too...;) :D

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Okay, I asked my husband this weekend about his TL. He put the Yosh slip ons on and had the thing re-mapped. He said that the cans made a 5-6 hp difference, one that he noticed right away.

As for that suspension question, he doesn't remember what he did to it, other than setting it for his own weight. Sorry on that one.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Dude, I have actually read up on the whole stock vs. aftermarket exhaust delima. The one thing that I found that kinda shocked me is this: Yes, the Yosh pipes will make a difference, I think most aftermarket pipes whether fulls or slip-ons will increase power at least a little. Now the cool thing......Two Brothers actually make exhaust that were made with the TL in mind.....go to there web site and check'em out!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Okay, so my post was full of grammatical errors and spelling fupa's........the Two Brothers site is still worth checking out! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Maxis said:
Just had a stack on the tl ............... sh_t.Was a cnr near home i do all the time,so i go hookin in and the next thing i know the rear wheel is over taking the front well the rest is history.

Anyway the budget is getting pushed to the limit in repairs.Does anyone know the power differance between stock and rs3 yosh?
The shop wants $650 for a yoshi! So i was thinking of going back to stock but will have to remap it to suit and dont want to do that if the power lose will be big.

Thanks
Cyas
Maxis.....sorry about the crash:(glad you are okay.:)
I think I would go with out food for a week or so and save the money to pay for the slip-ons.:D:D
The sound,power,weight savings and looks are worth it!!IMHO!!

JIM

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had a 1997 green TLS and a Yosh slip-on and a full M4 system during the time I had the bike. Both had good sound to them with the M4 being a little on the loud side. I also have a friend with a dyno so the bike was on it all the time playing when he was not using it. From stock to the Yosh slip-on I only got 1 hp. From stock to the M4 full system I got 2 hp. With the bike re-mapped with the M4 full system on I got between 8-10 hp but it took some dyno time to get to the 10 hp range and when I mean time I was I the dyno with my computer hooked up for about two hours when you take away all the cool down time in between runs. So what I'am trying to say is yes it is worth it if you have the time and the money to get it tuned in with a full exhaust system. And yes this was the first bike I re-maped. Someone that knows what they are doing could do it faster but I would rather do it myself so I know what I have going on. My next project will be my 2000 Busa when I get the time.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
endleswavz said:
Okay, so my post was full of grammatical errors and spelling fupa's........the Two Brothers site is still worth checking out! Good luck!
FYI:

Two Brothers slip-ons are terrible. Hubby bought them for his TL, and they literally rattled apart within 2000 miles. The rivets all loosened to the point where the cans were about to fall off, and no amount of welding would keep the damn things on. And when he went to get a refund or a replacement, Two Brothers told him that it was somehow his fault the cans fell apart. :mad:

I wouldn't recommend that brand to anyone.:barf: :mad:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the help:)
After taking the damaged yoshi can to 3 differnt welding shops i have found one that can fix it!!!!!!! for $130.
Just hope it comes out ok.

With any luck will be riding by the weekend.

Cyas

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dam

Well i got the bike back and the pipe is great and the bike is running great.

But.....................Riding home from the shop all is well,takin it easy.
Just about to overtake a car and it spits out a big stick straight into the radiator.Now i have a nice big hole in it(core is not leaking yet)

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

What next?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts