Sportbike World banner

streetriders how many tires have you gone thru in a year/season?

• 1 or less

Votes: 7 30.4%

Votes: 4 17.4%

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 4 or more

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
In the 11 months I have had my bike, I am on my 5th front tire, and my 6th rear tire. 2 rears were lost to punctures, but they were so worn at the time, they needed to be replaced anyway. I expect to put on another set (front and rear) shortly after the 1 year anniversary (may 12th). I've ridden in excess of 25,000 miles in the last 11 months.

·
Registered
865 Posts
July of this year, my bike will be 1 yr. old.....11,000 miles
now, I gone through: (2) 207s on front (3) 207s on back,
& now have pilot sports front & back.
No burnouts or squidly stuff...

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
auger gives you a good idea of why most Cdns are not hard on tyres. Then to one must remember many of us are only able to ride 5 to 6 months of each year. Certainly easier on tyres, but punctures are another story & no one can beat that unless they come up with something like sponge filled tyres, but then we would be looking at a tyre for touring or endurance & not for super grip/traction.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tires take beating year 'round

Florida, Arizona,Cal. and a few others like Ga., Nevada,etc.ride all year. I guess I dont have anything to complain about seeing you guys have gone thru as many or more than me(tires).

·
Registered
865 Posts
Re: Tires take beating year 'round

blackkaw said:
Florida, Arizona,Cal. and a few others like Ga., Nevada,etc.ride all year. I guess I dont have anything to complain about seeing you guys have gone thru as many or more than me(tires).
But none of mine were punctured....strictly worn out.;) :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
blackkaw said:
ooww !! I got stung by that post. You Lucky Dawg..Cam!
Sorry BK.....didnt mean to....;)

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I go thru 2 rears, for every 1 front..kinda funny,...the middle always seems to have a bunch of tread..it's those dang edges that wear out so fast...:D

been through 2 sets of Pilots..2 fronts, 4 rears..since last Dec..

Now I have a rear that needs to be changed, prolly all of 800mi on it.. Uh..anyone have a Supoercorsa SC2 180/55/17..???????:D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hammer 4 said:
I go thru 2 rears, for every 1 front..kinda funny,...the middle always seems to have a bunch of tread..it's those dang edges that wear out so fast...:D

been through 2 sets of Pilots..2 fronts, 4 rears..since last Dec..

Now I have a rear that needs to be changed, prolly all of 800mi on it.. Uh..anyone have a Supoercorsa SC2 180/55/17..???????:D
I go through them like that as well Hammer....

What kind of rear tire did you only get 800 miles out of...????

How many miles were did you get out of your Pilot rear tires..??

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Cam McFarland said:

I go through them like that as well Hammer....

What kind of rear tire did you only get 800 miles out of...????

How many miles were did you get out of your Pilot rear tires..??
This last set of tires were the Supercorsa's..frt. SC2, rear street compound..I have a couple more track days comming up, one is May 23rd..and I'll definitly need new rubber before then..:rolleyes: :D

On the Pilots..I was getting around 1800 to 2100 out of the rear, but that didn't include any track days.. Sure glad I don't race..I'd be absolutly BROKE..:D

·
Registered
741 Posts
LOL
I has at Kawasaki to have my new tires mounted and balanced, and the one tech walks up and says highly sarcastically, "OoOoOHHHh, looks like someone found a new hobby" thinkin i just learned how to do burnouts. I told him that that back tire had 6,900 miles on it, that it was stock. He just rolled his eyes and said, "be careful doing those tricks, bro." Sometimes I hate people.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Two fronts and four rears for me in the last year and a half. Unfortunately 2 of the rears were punctures. And oh yeah, Florida does have turns in the roads. They're just out in the groves and around the lakes in the central portion of the state. The locals know:D

·
Registered
577 Posts
I go through two sets front and rear. I have to change at the beginning of summer, June or July and again around October. Don't do much hard riding after October, mostly commuting to work, so the tires last a bit longer during the rainy season.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts