Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm pretty much ready for new tires. I need something that will last me a while as I put about 40 commuting miles a day on the bike...I don't want to sacrifice sticky for tread life, but I need something that will last more than 3000 miles too...

I'm going between the 205 and the 207ZR....any suggestions?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Think about Bridgestones BT010's. If your interested in longer life the BT020's may suit your requirements.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry I'm a Dunlop guy. Just personal preference..oh, and I'm a bit limited, because I'm buying my tires from our store (gotta support my own site you know)

R

·
0 Posts
RedNinja said:
sorry I'm a Dunlop guy. Just personal preference..oh, and I'm a bit limited, because I'm buying my tires from our store (gotta support my own site you know)
oh cool I didn't realize you were an owner.

the 207zr's are nice!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Will, Have you tried the Metzler, MEZ4???Its' a GREAT tire...Down wher you live, you'll never have to worry about the tire NOT getting warmed up....I personally, don't trust my tires below 60 degrees...With that being said, If it's 75-80 degrees outside, then they'll stick like glue....I've had 3 sets of them, and no complaints yet...Great in the rain too. Jimmy G

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have about 500 miles on 207s and they seem to grip very well. Lots of people run 205s to sacrifice a little performance for longer mileage. I guess it depends a lot on your style of riding and needs. If you search for "Dunlop" here you'll get lots of opinions on different threads.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so here's my other dilema....I have a 120/65ZR17 on there now, and I've pretty much decided on the 207ZR? but guess what? I only get 120/60 or 120/70...so which should I use?

P

·
0 Posts
RedNinja said:
so here's my other dilema....I have a 120/65ZR17 on there now, and I've pretty much decided on the 207ZR? but guess what? I only get 120/60 or 120/70...so which should I use?
Trade bikes and let "her" deal with it. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts