Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cheers: I was wondering what is a good tread depth to replace tires...i know im to late now, sparking during peel outs, shitty tires getting my smoking the tires out of my system, but on the next set, what is a good limit to stop and replace. also about to transfer duty stations how does bike moves work...will the military take it with them with my house junk or will i have to ship it myself?

·
Registered
51 Posts
There are depth gauge "feelers" in the tire treads. Once your tire surface is flush with the "feelers", it's time to replace them. Average wear for super sport tires is about 3k-4k miles...depending on your riding style and habits (i.e. burnouts).

Not sure about the PCS move but I believe they will ship it. Just be sure you take photos of the bike before they transport it so you have proof of it's condition. I've heard many, many stories about bikes getting scratched during transport :(

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes they will put it in with your household goods. Make sure you take pics and only have 1/4 tank of gas or less. I put my 6R in my household goods shipment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts