Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been trying to get insurance on a motorcycle for a few weeks now. After trying around, and calling MANY place.. I decided to go with State Farm.

I called them, we worked out all the details and everything was finalized. Lady told me it would have to be sent to the "Underwriter" for final authorization. She said it takes about a week normally.

Ive been waiting for about 17 days now.. which is 10 days MORE then a freakin week :crying: I tired calling them the other day and got put on hold for 30 min... only to keep holding.. and holding again...

Its either they are BUSY, or have caller ID and are ignoring me for some reason. :finger:

Any ideas guys? How long did it take YOU GUYS to get insurance?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thats wierd man ! I have got my insurance within minutes over the phone. They are more than happy to take my money:finger:

This must be a first motorcycle policy for you right? But even so I don't understand what the problem is for you. Maybe it is because you have a lien on you bike(if you do) or they need to check credit or something. I don't know......

I thought insurance was easy to get, but for a price$$$

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya first policy. Credit Rating is excellent or i would be wanting a bike :)

Who knows what they are up to over there. Im in no rush anyways.. i mean hell.. its snowing rite now and cold over here in Columbus Ohio. No worries. I have plenty of time to get a bike and get the policy .

BUT IM GETTING INPATIENT :twofinger

·
Registered
19 Posts
well obviously this doesn't do you alot of good but i have mine through oklahoma farm buearu and got it way quick like in about 10 min. cost me $160 every 6 mo for full cov on a f4 and i am 21
:D

·
Registered
379 Posts
I bought my '01 6R in Jan; I'm 24, with no tickets/accidents in 6+ yrs; I switched my truck over to State Farm about 6 months prior to buying the bike because everywhere else was doing the whole "Oh, you haven't had a motorcyle's license for more than 3 years...that'll be $1400/yr". whatever.

Anyway, I'm paying $380/yr here in Kansas City. I basically said "I bought bike today (after doing the research on rates, and they knew I was planning on getting one)", and they had the stuff ready to go on my way home from the dealer. Very pleased with them.

NI!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Check this out....$2500 per year on an R6 ! I got a quote online from my company for $2100 but when I called them they told me it was wrong:finger: , so now I will be paying $210 a month. I'm going to take my truck insurance off for the summer just to save some cash. I HATE INSURANCE :finger: !

·
Registered
31 Posts
I feel your pain NinjaBeater. Insurance rates in Ontario for single male's under 25 is BRUTAL.

I can hardly wait until I turn 25 then I can get full coverage on my 9R for $600/year instead of the $3400 they want!

Did you get a quote from both Primmum and your local State Farm agent?

I got my insurance through Primmum and they were almost 3K less than all of the local insurance companies.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I would not insure with State Farm, they are too resistive to paying out on claims. If you are all smashed up, you don't need to wait, you need help now. This waiting should tell you something: go with another company!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But if state farm is the only company to insure me.. Well then :)

Progressive quoted me 10k a year.. what a crock. To progressive.. I give you the :twofinger and a :finger: for good luck!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Try a different State Fram agent. Maybe the ones you are dealing with are just idiots. It only took me about 10 minutes to get my insurance with state farm.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
$10K? You must have tickets.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys that say 10 minutes.. do you already HAVE a policy with them? They told me a week to verify everything. Im starting to wonder myself. They quoted me 1100 a year for full coverage on a new bike.. which was PERFECT for me. I was ready to dish it all out and go buy a new bike.. but now ive been waiting for close to 3 WEEKS on this. I think thursday when i have time during the day im going to go find myself a new agent to talk to.

·
Registered
576 Posts
When I went to them I had an existing policy with a different company. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
biglipps66 said:

Nope.. CLEAN record.

Im 19 tho :p That is what does it.
I guess the rates are really high in Columbus, OH.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fuster said:

I guess the rates are really high in Columbus, OH.

Not even here.. i based them back him with my parents in a suburb of cleveland ohio!!!!

Progressive = LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Yeah, but I see you do not live in Ohio.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Viper-ZX9R said:
I feel your pain NinjaBeater. Insurance rates in Ontario for single male's under 25 is BRUTAL.

I can hardly wait until I turn 25 then I can get full coverage on my 9R for $600/year instead of the $3400 they want!

Did you get a quote from both Primmum and your local State Farm agent?

I got my insurance through Primmum and they were almost 3K less than all of the local insurance companies.
I am with Primmum. Their online quote system is not very accurate so when I actually insured my bike it was a bit more than the quote. I will call around in a month because I will be 21 then and that should lower my rates a bit I hope. I hope it doesn't rain much this summer because all I will have is my bike:(

·
Registered
45 Posts
10000 a year:eek: THAT SUX! You might as well just buy a new bike every year. Funny thing happened to me though...every time I add one of my old fixer upper bikes to my policy, the premium goes down...anyone want to add a POS to my policy ...maybe with enough of them, they'll start to pay me!! Or at least counter the cost of my real bikes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts