Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where to find a chart for what size tire works with what size rim (width)? I've seached the net to no avail. I'm thinking of running a 110 front rather than a 120 on my 900SS thinking it will not wrap around so much and offer more usable tread. Just one reason to want the chart.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Try the Bridgestone site. Navigating through the somewhat awkward design, you'll eventually find a table for the tire model you're interested in, which includes applicable rim widths. For info, the upper end for 110s and the lower end for 120s seems to be a 3.5in rim.

PS. We've probably seen each other on 229. I'm usually on a red VFR or black ST1100.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DataDan, I'm finding the model chart but not an overall reference chart for the full range of tires to rims, just to have on hand. BTW, re: 229, there's a good bunch of us, all long time riders and middle-age who have a little local email/ride group. We are meeting this morning (Sunday) at the restaurant in Margarita. Come on by. Or get on [email protected] This is not the Goldwing crowd from the shop. And oddly enough, a Harley has never ridden with us. We are off to Parkfield today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts