Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I just bought my first bike a couple of months ago. It is a 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R 636. I'm getting ready to put tires on it and looking for suggestions. I don't race or stunt. I occasionally ride corners fairly hard, but actually spend alot of time on the road. I drive almost 1 &1/2 hours 1 way every weekend, so I am looking for something that will get a few more miles out of it. I have been told to go with the Michelin Pilot Powers, but know that i'm only going to get 3000 miles or so out of it. Any suggestions? I would really appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
659 Posts
For longer wear look at the sport touring tires like the Michelin Pilot Road or the Bridgestone BT020. You'll probably never notice a difference on the street and they'll last quite a bit longer.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I used to have a pair of Avon 46's and they lasted pretty well. But they did take longer to warm up than sport tires

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
I'm hooked on the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's. They have insane grip on the twisties, and the center holds up pretty well to long commutes. The people I ride with are about 25-30 miles away (long, straight roads no matter which way you dice it) so I spend a lot of time doing boring riding between twisties, and they have just recently started to "flatten" out in the center with almost 3K miles.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
While I like my 2CT's I dont think they make good touring tires. They last just a touch longer than regular sport tires.

But they do grip...

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
They've certainly held up better than the Qualifiers I had on before, but I do agree that touring wouldn't be their best application.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
I've got a Road Attack I in the rear right now and am still working out how much I like them. Been plenty grippy for the road but don't have a number for its longevity yet. The Roat Attack II's are now available and would be where I'd go if I hadn't gotten this one as a gift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts