Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of using the tire shine gell that I use on my car on the side-walls of my bike tires. There is 1/4-1/2 inch of balled up rubber on the sides of my tires so I don't think I lean all the way to the edge. Will the silicone seep to the rest of the tire or will it be fine?

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
Clean them good. Don't add anything to the tire to enhance appearance. Centrifigal force will win. Whatever you put on the sidewall will end up on your tread etc.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Never use it on or near your bike. I think the shine looks hokie anyway...my$.02.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

I've had friends tell me that no matter how carefully they applied it with just their fingertips, the tireshine product eventually managed to seep its way around the sidewalls and up onto the tread. :eek:

Looks nice on a clean car or truck...but I'd leave it at that.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
59 Posts
the only place to use tire shine on your bike is textured plastics in my opinion, makes the hugger/fender/chain gaurd Shine on my Fz wouldn't ever put it on the tires though, one of my friends put it on the contact patches of his GTi and it was a long burnout to get rid of it after he lost all four wheels first corner

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you haven't caught on yet DON'T DO IT.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree with everthing thats been said, but, and this is my :2cents: if you really want to shine the walls of your tyres use shoe polish on a cloth & brush/polish off it wont run onto your tread or throw off as its a solid, it will keep tyres looking good & repel water, been doing it on mine for years.

Did mine the other day ready for Bike show.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts