Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride my bike to work almost every day which is about 100 miles round trip. It is mostly straight up riding, every now and then there is curves and so I was wondering if somebody could help me out on a tire selection for this type of rinding. I have the michelin pilot power now and it is "ok" but is there a better tire for longer lasting in the center of the tire? What would you suggest???

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ride my bike to work almost every day which is about 100 miles round trip. It is mostly straight up riding, every now and then there is curves and so I was wondering if somebody could help me out on a tire selection for this type of rinding. I have the michelin pilot power now and it is "ok" but is there a better tire for longer lasting in the center of the tire? What would you suggest???
Yes, the pilot road tire. It is more of a cruiseer type tire with grip. But not as much as the pilot power.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Also look at Bridgestone BT020's. I put them on my bike last year because I use it mostly for commuting too. The stock Dunlops were gone in 6500 miles. These now have 6000 on them with about 50% tread left, so they're already much better than stock. Many sport touring bikes come with 020's stock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree with the Micheli pilot road. I have used them on a few bikes and the dual compound construction gives great traction on edge and I get about 6000 miles out of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts