Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its time for new tires..i have 208's and i want something different.....but what lasts the longest and still a good tire....Metzler M1, Bridgestone BT014, Powers, Diablos? thanks
oh and if anyone has a pipe they wanna sell for an 03 cbr 600rr..let me know too

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
very open question here.
1. what bike (the 600rr honda?)
2. what do you define as last a long time?
3. what do you define as still a good tire?
4. are you a knee down in the twisties guy or a bit more casual
5. what do you want to spend?
6. do you ride in the rain?
7. are you planning to do any track days?

we could just go on and on here

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have always liked the bridge stones on the street cause they are really good in the rain. If you get caught in the rain on dunlops you will hate life in general.

Plus the stones still have some tread and that will help on the dirt covered roads around detroit.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i've got a bunch of michelin pilot power pr takeoffs - maybe not the longest tread life, but stick like michael jackson on little boys and the price is right.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup your right about the 208s..no fun in the rain.....haha nice jackson comment........yeah i just wanna know what treadlife is on each of the above tire. i have 208s and at about 6300 and they are still doing alright im so suprised about that.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I measure tire life in laps and hours not months or miles, so i'm not the best guy to ask. steve or any of these guys who rack up some serious street mileage and still hit it hard on the track can give you a pretty good basis for all-around usage. i think one of the big magazines just did a tire comparo a couple months back but dont' recall which one.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
icantslowdown said:
i think one of the big magazines just did a tire comparo a couple months back but dont' recall which one.
Sportrider. Top 3 pics were the qualifiers, powers and bt14's in that order. Noted that the qualifiers are sticky but the trade off is tire life. The powers have a high profile so you MAY need to adjust your ride height so they don't feel funny. 14's were a bit firm. I got the 14's on the busa right now and it's lovin them.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I had 208s for a little while, but was changing them more than my oil. 1500-2500 miles if I was lucky.

Went to Avon Azeros 45/46. Working out great. I think I am at about 4000 with them now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts