Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I KNOW THIS SUBECT HAS BEEN BEAT TO DEATH BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT THERE ARE MORE EXPERIENCED RIDERS ON THIS SITE THAN MYSELF. I'VE HEARD THE METZLER M-1's ARE GOOD TIRES. MY DUNLOPS NEED REPLACED @ 2000mi. I APPRECIATE ANY INPUT, THANKS.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2003 R6, and I replaced my stock Dunlops after they wore out with the m1's. I'm on my second set of them already, and I absolutely love them. Heat up quickly and get tons of grip for street tires. I've heard their wet traction isn't that great, but I haven't ever ridden hard enough while it's wet to really know. I'm going to keep putting them on until something better comes out.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Metzler M1's

I won a set of the M1's from this site's drawing and I finally get a chance to see what they have to offer this weekend. I used to run BT010's on my 929, but I figured for free, you can't go wrong:thumb: I noticed that even the cold fresh tire had some decent grip, I hope they grip better once they are warm!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm due for some new rubber as well. I'll be getting rid of the stock dunlop and more than likely go with the M1. I've heard lots of good things about these tires.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
By the way HCR1 allow me to point out that you are typing all with CAPITAL LETTERS & the key to change from small to large print or back again is at the very left side of your keyboard maked "Caps Lock"--tap on it & it will go to small print, then tap on it & you will have capital lettes. Mind you the "Shift" key is at left & right for just ONE capital letter while "Caps Lock" is to lock the keyboard into ALL capital letters or ALL small print.

It is looked upon, in this world of computors, to be YELLING when one uses capital letters. Also it is sometimes allowed when someone wishes to emphasises a specific word. Also easier on those that read the messages if they are not ALL in capital letters.

Lastly good to have you on the board & do let us know what you think of the new tyres.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
All caps

Smitty, I don't quite know how to take your reply. I'm familiar with the caps lock button and it's location. It is just easier to type this way. I typed this one your way just to show you I knew how to. You'll have to forgive my lack of computer knowledge as far as the all caps-vs-the right way. I recieved another reply pretty much repeating what you said. I haven't posted very much yet. I appreciate your advice. I wasn't trying to yell or emphasize anything. I guess I was being lazy.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Re: All caps

HCR1 said:
Smitty, I don't quite know how to take your reply. I'm familiar with the caps lock button and it's location. It is just easier to type this way. I typed this one your way just to show you I knew how to. You'll have to forgive my lack of computer knowledge as far as the all caps-vs-the right way. I recieved another reply pretty much repeating what you said. I haven't posted very much yet. I appreciate your advice. I wasn't trying to yell or emphasize anything. I guess I was being lazy.
Not to speak for Smitty, but I believe he was just pointing out that by typing in all caps, is like YELLING...and is to most people iritating to read....:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts