Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
I just ordered a new rear tire from them and was just wondering about a few things.First how are they that much cheaper than dealers?Are the tire second quality?How long do they normally take to get to your door?

I need it by friday so I hope they really do ship in 2 days.

Anyone who has ordered from them please help me out.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I don't have any answers to your questions. I just noticed your new signature line.

Are you saying shit is green? ;):D

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
I've ordered my last 10 sets of tires from tire express.

They offer the same exact tires you buy anywhere else, no "second quality" tires.

And I've always received my tires around 4-5 days after I ordered them.

And they are MUCH cheaper than the dealer prices. :)

http://www.tireexpress.com

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've heard some of you are getting tires from tireexpress.com and saving some major cash... I've also heard that these tires are not the same quality as the tires which are sent to the dealerships.

I've been told that they are not factory rejects as they are more so "seconds"... they look the same, but do not perform the same.

Anybody have any firs hand knowledge?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
kramrd said:
I've been told that they are not factory rejects as they are more so "seconds"... they look the same, but do not perform the same.
I've run over 10 sets of tires from Tire Express and have not had any problems with them. I've used them both on the street and on the racetrack and they performed great with no problems at all.

I'm not sure who started this "seconds" rumor, but it is false.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Robert said:

I'm not sure who started this "seconds" rumor, but it is false.

After I thought about it I think it would be too dangerous to sell 2nd quality tires on a motorcycle.I just asked because the price is over a hundred dollars cheaper thean any dealer here in town :( I need the tire now but for a hundred dollars I will wait for them to ship it.I ordered it late sunday night so maybe it is on its way.

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
qbclub13 said:

After I thought about it I think it would be too dangerous to sell 2nd quality tires on a motorcycle.I just asked because the price is over a hundred dollars cheaper thean any dealer here in town :( I need the tire now but for a hundred dollars I will wait for them to ship it.I ordered it late sunday night so maybe it is on its way.
You should have your tire by Fri-Sat

And you will be very happy with your purchase. :)

The reason why it's $100+ more at your local dealer is because they mark tires up 100+% Wholesale tire cost direct from dunlop (if you buy a large 1,000+ quantity) is around 70$ for a 207ZR-180

S

·
0 Posts
Robert said:

You should have your tire by Fri-Sat

And you will be very happy with your purchase. :)

The reason why it's $100+ more at your local dealer is because they mark tires up 100+% Wholesale tire cost direct from dunlop (if you buy a large 1,000+ quantity) is around 70$ for a 207ZR-180

I agree.
The more tires a dealership sells the lower the cost will be. Also keep in mind these Mom and Pop dealers have to stay in business.

Usually the really big dealerships will have better prices on tires, or a place that only deals with tires .. like Tire Express .... It's kinda like Costco and Sam's club ;)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tire Came in TODAY

I can't beleive it I got my tire in the mail this afternoon.I took it to the dealer and had the tire mounted at no charge what a great dealer :D Now I gotta put it on the bike and do some breakin :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered my tires from them and received them in 2 days. I got d207 (front and rear) cheaper than the local shop wanted for just the front!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts