Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
The launch control seems usefull, if you drag race. But if I was racing I would want to know that I accomplished the launch not some computer. And that assuming that it works perfectly.

The clutchless upshifts and downshifts are to easy to do, to justify spending money and adding weight. I think it took me a whole 15 minutes to figure them out...

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
ZX6R1033 said:
TSK TSK.. they mean clutchless FULL THROTTLE upshifts. It is well worth the money on a track bike.
Are those supposed to be harder?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Vash said:
Are those supposed to be harder?

on the transmission, without this, yes. If you shift your bike at full throttle, you will destroy your transmission. These momentarily inturupt your fuel supply, which is more efficient and requires less movement to shift. This is especially good when trying to pull hard out of corners on the track, as you can shift mid corner without the normal traction or cornering problems associated with such a move.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
So they cut the fuel for a second before shifing. Dynojet makes a thingie that does that too. Or you could let off the throttle for a split second which is the same thing..

Not saying anything bad about these guys product, but original question was "is it worth it". To me? No. save the money for tires.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Vash said:
So they cut the fuel for a second before shifing. Dynojet makes a thingie that does that too. Or you could let off the throttle for a split second which is the same thing..

Not saying anything bad about these guys product, but original question was "is it worth it". To me? No. save the money for tires.

Actually I think they cut spark and fuel. As for just letting off the throttle, it may be just as fast but it doesn't have the 100% reliabilty that a dialed in ignition cut system has.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts