Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding my GS500 since '05 now and it's about time to upgrade.

I'm undecided if I want new or used. If I go new I'll probably get a 07 GSXR600. If used, I don't really care, cbr, r6,zx-6r(r) or gsxr.

I found a CBR on craigslist

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/356763208.html

It's about half the price of the gsxr, but it's also got 17k miles on it.

I'm really on the fence about this and hope maybe you guys can push to one side. ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dont drag yourself into the, I want new and perfect. How can you justify loosing 3-4 k for the gratification of buying new? No brainer in my mind, but then again I'm a college kid!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Yeah, 2 years on a 500 should be enough to get you ready for something bigger/better- like a 600. Honestly, all the late model 600 supersports are so incredibly close in terms of performance, it doesn't really matter which one you get. Can't really go wrong with any of them. That CBR you listed looks pretty nice.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
yo man, I'm in Raleigh if you want to hit me up some time. RR's are fun little bikes but they are prolly the most uncomfortable as in the concrete padding. It makes up for it with being prolly the most forgiving bike in curves. If your looking for something that's a DD, look else where.

And never buy new!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Go for it. If you like the bike and you want it then get it. Just make sure its comfortable. Nothing is worse than having a bike that you dont want to ride more than an hour or so.

·
Registered
423 Posts
All the new supersports are very good, however each of them has its own little nuances that make them unique. However these nuances will only come out while riding the bike at 90% on the track. On the street the same model year these bikes are all nearly equal.

When I was picking out my bike I went around and sat on just about every bike that I was considering. When I sat on the zx-6r I immediately knew it was the bike I was going to get. I can't tell you exactly why it was the bike but I knew without a shadow of a doubt that it was the bike for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll need to wait until I sell mine before I get one, but I'm most likely going to get a used one. But I do change my mind a lot.

JBaz, is it the seat shape or the material that's so uncomfortable? Would an aftermarket seat help any?
Shoot me a PM if you wanna go riding sometime

1 - 8 of 8 Posts