Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOO-HOO!!!!

(12) Missouri 82, (8) UCLA 73: Missouri got a solid performance from guard Clarence Gilbert (23 points) and strong 3-point shooting in this huge win over the Bruins. No 12th-seeded team has reached the Elite Eight before, baby!

Missouri gets another shot against Oklahoma in an all-Big 12 matchup in the Elite Eight.
The Tigers scored 52 big points in the second half to pull away after leading by just two at halftime. Kareem Rush scored 20 points for Missouri. Rush and Gilbert each hit 4-of-8 from 3-point range. Tigers guard Rickey Paulding had a solid game, scoring 15 points before fouling out.

Center Arthur Johnson had a double-double (14 points, 14 rebounds). Johnson outplayed UCLA center Dan Gadzuric.

Bruins sharpshooter Jason Kapono (seven points) really struggled, shooting just 3-of-9 from the floor and 1-of-3 from the free-throw line. Kapono was UCLA's leading scorer during the season (16.7 ppg).

So now Missouri coach Quin Snyder gets another shot against Oklahoma in an all-Big 12 matchup in the Elite Eight. Oklahoma beat Missouri 84-71 in their regular-season Big 12 meeting, with guard Hollis Price scoring 24 points and the Sooners dominating the boards (39-23) on OU's home turf.

Will it be a different story this time? We shall see. We know at least one thing will be different -- this time the winner gets a trip to Atlanta and the Final Four!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diane & Kyle,
I hold you both in the utmost respect. Having said that,

:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger ;)

·
Registered
379 Posts
All I say is, less than a month 'til the NFL draft...a small dose of the great sport to last me until preseason.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i love some NFL...could careless about clo. basketball (akthough OU is kicking ass) but actually i am most excited aout my small town of enid, ok getting an indoor football team...the closest we'll ever get to a pro team in oklahoma.....GO CRUDE

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I'll say I'm folowing it more than I'd like to admit, since my brother-inlaw is a big OU fan/alumnus and he's constantly phoning hysterically.:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts