Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on another board, and wanted to know what you guys thought.

I personally switch back and fourth with soft ties and canyon dancers. The soft ties are soft straps that wrap around the lower portion of the triple clamp, then using your straps to secure them to the truck or trailer. I have heard some not so good thing about the canyon dancers pulling off grips and causing problems. Me personally, I have only had good things to say about canyon dancers. So I don't know...I've never had a problem with fork seals or losing grips. Are people using too much pressure to strap them down or something?

I'm not so sure I would completely trust this, but whatever. Just wanted to know other opinions. I know this is causing some headache on the other board.

Check it out..http://www.kyaracing.com.au/

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have been told by a guy that they hook up behind the front brake`s somehow. He said it is awesome and the suspension on the bike is free to move. when he shows me how i will post pics and instructions

·
Registered
746 Posts
$170!!! Holy crap!

Tie downs and soft straps cost at the most $40.

I don't know about you guys but I hardly ever trailor my bike anyway. As much as tiedowns/soft straps get lost/borrowed/grow legs - it would hurt even more at $170.

No thanks...

-M-

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
You would need: .125" thick aluminum maybe 4" wide......250" roundstock (aluminum)...some time.....and a TIG welder......looks fairly simple....

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
problem i see is tht you still need to chock up the front wheel.
I have the condor chocks in my trailer and they work fine. use two straps in the rear to pull the bike forward and it aint going anywhere. Suspension can still float.
Not cheap though at 150 ea.
(easily copied though **cough cough***)

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
hellsnat said:
aluminum? wouldn't steel be better? steel would take the stress better wouldn't it? and got an idea of a cost there Judge? maybe we can talk about next wednesday over some fancy Thai! LOL
annealed aluminum would take it better as it would give more and cause less damage to the tire as far as I am concerned...TIG welded the strength would be there...I cannot make it for Thai....I work in Dearborn now...but maybe we could talk this weekend....I iwll be in Westland most of the weekend.....working on a FMIC for a WRX right now.....

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
almightys said:
problem i see is tht you still need to chock up the front wheel.
I have the condor chocks in my trailer and they work fine. use two straps in the rear to pull the bike forward and it aint going anywhere. Suspension can still float.
Not cheap though at 150 ea.
(easily copied though **cough cough***)
well..maybe I should borrow one of them for a while ot see how easy the are to copy

·
Registered
347 Posts
there's also a mounting system that goes through the axles, i think i saw it on the WERA board, not as cheap as tiedowns again, but eliminates the need for chocks and ties. i think this is the same setup as the factory race teams use for transport.

·
Registered
52 Posts
icantslowdown said:
there's also a mounting system that goes through the axles, i think i saw it on the WERA board, not as cheap as tiedowns again, but eliminates the need for chocks and ties. i think this is the same setup as the factory race teams use for transport.
It's Strapless Transport Stands. I bought two and they work great. No tiedowns or chocks needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Holly crap, http://www.ststands.com/main.cfm

How about someone making something reasonably priced.

If someone could make something along the same lines for under 100 bucks, they would sell a crap load of them.

We need to come up with an idea/style, and make them reasonable. Maybe outsource from China. LOL

I'm sick and tired of taking 20 min a bike to strap them down. I would love a quick secure safe way to do it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
HRC NICK 11 said:
How do you lift the rear tire off the ground to install the rod in the strapless tranport thing?
The rod slides through the axle. You then roll the bike up and backwards onto the stand, then drop the axle blocks in which locks it in place. It's a helluva lot easier to do than to describe! Here's another pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Peter, where are you located? I would like to look at them...and take some measurements if ya don't mind.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Judge said:
Peter, where are you located? I would like to look at them...and take some measurements if ya don't mind.
Sorry I missed this earlier. I'm in Grosse Pointe, but the trailer is at my brother's place in Ohio. I probably won't being picking it up for a couple weeks (need it for Flip's track day!), but I could have him take some measurements for you if you'd like. Just let me know what you want measured.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Uhm, everything I would need to replicate it :) I can wait until the Trailer is up here....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts