Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
I am going through this ticking problem on my '99 R6. Problem is unknown at the time being. All I know is that there has been a lot of questions regarding the R6 ticking noise. I don't think the noise itself is anything to worry about. I do think I have a stuck valve on my engine however; if you figure out what that noise is please let me know. I am in the process of rebuilding my motor so I will let you know if the ticking is still there when I get done with the rebuild.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be going to the dealer in the next week or so to get my tank replaced and I will ask them about the problem. I will let you know what they say.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Thanks! I really am down about this. I am planning on buying a R1 in the next two months because I am going through a mental problem right now not being able ride period. It sucks not being able to ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spoke with dealer

I took my bike to the dealer today and asked them about the engine noise. They said it was normal and not to worry about the noise. They said with an older model there should not be any problems but to be safe you should contact a local dealer and ask them about the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts