Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday Night

I know thurdays are usually spent in RO, but I'm going to see BB King at DTE this thursday and was seeing if anybody else wanted to go. Tickets are supposed to be $20 but we can get them at the door for 5 bucks through my buddy's work. Anybody that wants to come along is welcome.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I would love to go! I went to the BluesFest in Battle Creek a few years ago and it was a lot of fun. Stevie Ray Vaughn's brother played there (can't remember his name right now) and so did BB King. What time?

Jen

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Ah yes...SRV. I saw him that night his chopper crashed. It was near Milwaukee...awesome show...SRV and Clapton two of my favorites. I've seen BB King many times...great performer and artist. I'm out on this one, I have a rehearsal dinner...

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've got some paviliion seats. This is the BB King Blues Festival with Kenny Wayne Shepherd....it's going to kick ass!

Justin

·
Registered
966 Posts
kawigirl_636 said:
Stevie Ray Vaughn's brother played there (can't remember his name right now) and so did BB King. What time?

Jimmy Vaughn. Usually plays with the fabulous t-birds.

Are you guy's riding out to the show. I've been to three shows there this year and rode to all of them. Gotta love the VIP parking on the bike.

Post up a meeting place and time. I may catch this one. Saw Kenny Wayne at RO Music theatre in the spring. Great show.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Show starts at 7pm. wasn't planning on riding, but i am usually pursuaded easily...
I'll figure out meeting place and time and post it up when we figure who, how many, and from where are going to go.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well we are all welcome to meet at my house (21 & hayes), but i realize that's out of the way for a few of you. I'd like to leave my place around 6. We can even just meet at DTE's gate, we all have cell phones. Post up your thoughts...

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
My mom isn't coming to babysit til 5:30....I'll probably have to meet you guys at the gate then. Would take me about 45 minutes to get to 21 and Hayes and then I'd be backtracking to get to DTE. (DTE is in the opposite direction for me!) I'm only about 15 miles from it....I'll just take M-59 through Pontiac to Auburn Hills. What time are you going to be at the gate?

Jen

·
Registered
267 Posts
By the looks of things, we'll be cutting it close to the 7pm start time by the time we get everyone together and get out there...I can't wait for the show!

Justin

·
Registered
966 Posts
Batteries dead in the GPz. Waiting for new one to charge up and put back together. Wont be able to make your guy's meet time but will keep an eye out when I get there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
OK...I have just one thing to say about this show:

BB KICKS ASS!

Ohh yeah...and Kenny Wayne Shepherd plays a mean version of Voodoo Child....

Justin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts