Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking about the play that is in the throttle that does not even start to pull the cable to open the carbs. It is like I have to turn the throttle an inch like you said to get the slack out of it.

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
I don't think that is appropriate for this forum tdekeyser!!! :D

You are talking about the first inch of travel in the throttle which has to move before any reaction from the motor right ?? Why would you want to?? You Know it is there for a reason don't touch it.

------------------
Whatever that little sheep said is a damn lie !!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Instant throttle is what you want. Nobody wants play in the throttle! There should be a round dial about the size of a nickel connected to the throttle cable. You can adjust this clock wise or counter clock wise to tighten or loosen the throttle.

------------------

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
On mine it is by the throttle housing. There are two lines, just back the locking nut off and unscrew the housing to the slack you like and tighten the locking nut. Do one at a time cuz on mine one line pulls it open and the other pulls it closed.

I don't know how it's supposed to be (whats recommened) but I like mine with just a LITTLE slack (almost none). I rode my friends F4 and mine back to back and I didn't like his. He has about 3/4 inch of slack.
I wasn't used to it and it was kinda hard to get back on the throttle smoothly (sp).
But I guess you could get used to it. Hope I didn't confuse ya.

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

H

·
0 Posts
well i got the same dang bike as u (y2k 6r, red) and it was a minor pain to adjust the throttle play...

mainly cuz on the 6r, you have to adjust both of the cables, the one that you pull and the one that pulls back when u release the throttle.

i had to move my brake lever to get a wrench in there to loosen the nut... it's one of the dual lock nuts, where you tighten one nut and then tighten another behind it to hold it...

check the cables, u'll see what i mean... i've said "nut" one 2 many times today...

------------------
FASTER THAN A SPEEDING TICKET!!!

Austin Sportbike Board

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not trying to be a smart *ss but IMHO check out the clymer web site and buy the shop manual for your bike before you try any types of adjustments. I got mine for $28 and I now have 472 pages of pretty good instruction. It's really good because if you need any special tools you will know before hand.

------------------
'99 GSX-R 750
Stress relief at it's best....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts