Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thoughts on This Exhaust

Allright, Im going to bug you guys one more time about exhausts. Ive narrowed my choice down to the Yoshimura TRS Slip-on. 58cycle.com has them for $310. I really want a black/carbon fiber looking pipe, and I love the tri-oval look. Does anyone have some good info on them? Is the price worth it? What's the sound like on their exhaust's? Thanks of all the help!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply mstrand_68. The site says that fuel remapping is not needed, but recommended. What is this, and how difficult is it to do?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Dan6615 said:
Thanks for the reply mstrand_68. The site says that fuel remapping is not needed, but recommended. What is this, and how difficult is it to do?
If your bike is fuel injected, you will need to buy a power commander ($260, pretty easy to install) and download a fuel map. Depending on where you buy your pipe, you can order the PCIII with it, and request it have the right map already loaded.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Vash said:
If your bike is fuel injected, you will need to buy a power commander ($260, pretty easy to install) and download a fuel map. Depending on where you buy your pipe, you can order the PCIII with it, and request it have the right map already loaded.
Do you really NEED a pcIII? Sure it's best... but need not sure.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
mainerdr said:
Do you really NEED a pcIII? Sure it's best... but need not sure.
The question should be "Do you really need a remap?"
If you need a remap, you gotta get a pcIII (or one of the generics)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vash said:
So your talking with the slip-on and the power commander Im looking at $560, just to add a new exhaust!!!:crying:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Dan6615 said:
So your talking with the slip-on and the power commander Im looking at $560, just to add a new exhaust!!!:crying:
you can add an exhaust for the price of the system. You don't need a PC and remap. I am confident it will bolt on and be fine. If your looking for the absolute most performance from your bike then do have it dyno tuned to create a custom map that works best. Custom maps around my area run about $275, then a PCIII, and then the price of the exhaust.

PCIII and custom map may yeild little hp, or may amount up to 5-7hp. However a marked HP increase is unlikely. You will however have a better throtle responce and the most performance possible.

*Dyno tuneing does not take in affect the RAM Air effect. Only the DynoJet wideband pc will have the ability to accurately adjust for the ram air.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Dan6615 said:
OK, so is there any ill effects if I put a slip-on and DONT remap, will it hurt the bike in any way?
No. But you wont gain much of anything either.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I added a Carbon fiber hindle to my bike last summer. I think the adapter pipe and oval can set me back about 5 bills. I did notice a little more power and the sound is great. I think half of the difference was the stock exhaust was like 10# heavier. I found a used power commander on ebay for about 70 bucks with the disc. The maps are all on their website and easy to install. Oh if you already didn't do this look into an air filter too then map it accordingly. Just my .02 J

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NEWTREADS said:
I added a Carbon fiber hindle to my bike last summer. I think the adapter pipe and oval can set me back about 5 bills. I did notice a little more power and the sound is great. I think half of the difference was the stock exhaust was like 10# heavier. I found a used power commander on ebay for about 70 bucks with the disc. The maps are all on their website and easy to install. Oh if you already didn't do this look into an air filter too then map it accordingly. Just my .02 J
Well it's good to know it wont do any harm just to add a slip on. Beleive me Id love to add a power commander, K & N filter, slip-on, and tones of other stuff....but it's just not in the budget. I'll start with the slip-on, and then probably add a power commander and filter at the same time like you said.

Thanks for all the suggestions BTW.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Double Check the price you are quoting theyusualy give you the price for the stainless steel slip-on and it is usualy another $90 or so dollars for the Carbon fiber.

Besides that it is a good price, about $10 less than I just paid for mine. Not sure what you are putting it on but it sounds great and i love it. I would recommend getting a power comander to remap so you can get the full benifit from it. You can download specific maps online for your bike and your mod, its really easy to do.

Have fun

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fjs19gsxr said:
Double Check the price you are quoting theyusualy give you the price for the stainless steel slip-on and it is usualy another $90 or so dollars for the Carbon fiber.

Besides that it is a good price, about $10 less than I just paid for mine. Not sure what you are putting it on but it sounds great and i love it. I would recommend getting a power comander to remap so you can get the full benifit from it. You can download specific maps online for your bike and your mod, its really easy to do.

Have fun
I'll be throwing it on my '05 R6, you said it sounds great, how does it sound compared to your facotry exhaust..thanks.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Dan6615 said:
I'll be throwing it on my '05 R6, you said it sounds great, how does it sound compared to your facotry exhaust..thanks.
louder

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im in the process of saving my pennies for a new exhaust. I've been standing on the corner’s and prostituting my self out just to get one....5 dollars me love YOU long time.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I have the stainless TRS slip on for my F4, and it's not throaty as one might think. The sound is indeed a little deeper and bit more dignified, less like the original stock can, which made it sound like sewing machine. Yoshi sound is little metallic, I haven't had the chance to take it above 10k, but the midrange has a nice bark to it. However, it's no where deeper when compared to Yoshis on GSXRs, particularly the 1000. The 600 makes it sound a bit high pitched, and it might be the same for R6.

All and all, the noise is tolerable, and can be muted or turned on at whim. Unlike raspy, louder exhausts that are annoying and sound like straight pipe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts