Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys....

Last week I dropped off my '89 GSX-R1100 to a shop to get worked on. It's the "old" bike, and it hasn't run in about 2 years. It needed a lot of attention and for $275 I'm getting a valve adjustment, oil & filter, disassembled & cleaned carbs and fuel system, fork oil change, throttle cable, new V&H can welded on (already had the part), and all those pesky things that need to be done such as chain lubing, etc. My question; is the bike worth keeping? I have a '96 600R that I ride everywhere. The gixxer has about 16K on it and is in decent shape, except for a mark on the lower fairing where it was dropped. Does anyone know roughly how much this thing is worth if I decide to sell it? Tires have less than 100 miles on them; they're MEZ-1's. I remember the wheelie factor of this bike was amazing, but memory's getting kinda foggy, since it's been 2 yrs. since I've ridden it. I just wanted to know roughly what I should ask for it in case I decide to get rid of it.

Thanks, guys!

John

------------------

P

·
0 Posts
Kelley Blue Book assigns a retail value of $3,880 on your bike, without considering mileage (your mileage is significantly less than the allowance, so it should be worth more than that).

------------------
Pete
Email: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
TGP,

An 89 GSXR1100 would make a great drag bike. If your looking to sell it I would check with the local drag racers in your area.

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'd keep it, since it has so few miles. If the bureaucrats have their way about limiting motorcycles to 155mph in the next couple of years, you're bound to see a dramatic upturn in Suzis' value.

"When someone asks you if you are a god, you say YES!!!"

------------------

·
Registered
31 Posts
GSXR1100

KEEP IT
YOU ARE A MAN
ONLY 155MPH
GET THAT PINK WIRE SNIPPED[UNDER LEFT PANEL]
OH I FORGOT THATS ILLEGAL
DO IT!!!!!!!

RIDE HARD / FALL OFF / LOOK STUPID

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Keep it. Those bikes rocked. :cool:

If you do sell it then don't take less than blue book for it(assuming excellent condition).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts