Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
lol

thats not too bad, you just have to get the longjohns out and youre good to go.:twofinger

gosh, I've been in -13* weather up in Ohio before, and tell you what, my tropical ass doesnot like those kinds of weather at all.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Without actual winter gear, I simply don't see how its possible and reasonably safe. And I'm not talking snow and ice, but the impact to your mental state when your fingers are literally freezing off.

I've ridden down to about 45F and at ~70mph in the country, after an hour's ride with silk liners and full gauntlet's my fingers are really cold. Not tingly but close.

·
Registered
659 Posts
ZX6R1033 said:
Those of you who are still riding / able to ride... you suck. I hope you know that.

(1:15AM)
Or are we smart for moving to the South? It was 14F yesterday morning here in GA, so no riding this week. Next week calls for mostly 60's and 70's though.

I've ridden down to 27F, but I have snowmobile pants that I wear below about 45. With those, insulated jacket liner, winter gloves, and a balaclava, it's actually very comfortable in the 40's.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Its 60F here today and I still have an issue with my aftermarket rearsets. The vendor is quickly arriving on my never-again list :mad: Otherwise taking the bike would have been a very serious consideration :burnout:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts