Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out something Awful.com And I came across this linky their awful website of the week . Now I don't know if I am offended, scared or just stupifyed. They got the right to say and believe in whatever they want. Racism isn't dead yet its just hanging out on the net.

:finger:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Karmastuntra said:
Racism isn't dead yet its just hanging out on the net.

Ever watch the History channel? They have those marathon days occasionally, covering out colorful past and present. This isn't exactly big whoop. :D

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Can you imagine how much it would suck to go through life with that much venom flowing through your veins? Getting up each morning and still being.... them?! I almost feel sorry for those poor bastards.:( .... Almost.;)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Racism isn't dead... its just no longer shown in public for the most part. I don't think it will ever truly be gone either. I mean if it does disappear, then who will be there to invent such great summer past times like "Shotgun Bowling"? What a sad day that would be...:D

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
its just no longer shown in public for the most part.
are you kidding? Have you never been to LA? Cops beating up black people just like last year or so.

Sometimes, I get attacked by racist people for being asian. But they usually back off when I give them the evil crazy eye, cause everyone knows that all asians know kung-fu, eat rice, and are good with math. Everyone that knows me personally knows that I'm crazy. That also helps my situations. And I always carry a large switch blade with me too...

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Thats why I said for the most part. Racism is nothing like it use to be and is in no way as common. It has become a subsection of society and isn't warn proudly for the most part.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
umm... racism is everywhere. It may have a smoother term called 'profiling' now, but racism is still alive. It may not spur hate crimes, violence, or as much gossip these days, but racism still happens everyday. It also seems to be much more alive in the southern states and in some major cities where there are street gangs.

got that whitey? lol

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I see less racism here than I do up in VA and New York, well let me say blatant racism. I cant agree that racism is everywere. It is always present, but not everywere if you get what I mean.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JBaz said:
umm... racism is everywhere. It may have a smoother term called 'profiling' now, but racism is still alive. It may not spur hate crimes, violence, or as much gossip these days, but racism still happens everyday. It also seems to be much more alive in the southern states and in some major cities where there are street gangs.

got that whitey? lol
In the south me and mi familia were welcomed and recieved warmly and were rejected at a drop of a hat. My step dad who is a rastafarian said the people were so nice and friendly. He said he never recieved so many geniuine hellos and how are yous, that was from store keepers. He said he people weren't treating him like a ****** but as a person. But on the way up from GA we couldn't get a hotel room. It was like some big nascar event. Trailers and con fed flags everywhere. It was crazy we met up with two other people trying to find a hotel another black family and two guys. They didn't have resevations either but were travling along got tired and figured they need a place to bed down. We all stopped at the same places my dad would go in then, decided to send my mom with the baby. No dice they turn us away but then the white guys go in and get a room. Thats after were told there were no vacancies. Dad was gonna cause a scene but we were tired and had to find a place to sleep in our van

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:
:twofinger
"!" is the binary symbol for "NOT", thus != is "Not equal". Brush up on your math next time you want to act like a smartass :)

The next part I'm going to catch some flames for. Profiling is not racism, also they often have the same results, being discrimination.
Racism is the belief that some races are genetically inferior to others. Thus some people would be doomed to be career criminals, simply due to their DNA. Based on everything I know, thats bullshit.
Profiling is the application of statistics to race. Walk into any major univercity's Electrical engineering dept, and you'll see that 95% of the people there are asian. So if I find myself in such a dept, and I see an asian looking person, I'm safe to assume that he/she is not a janitor.
Of course, apply the same statistics to crime, and you are in fact risking descrimination. After all, a person should not be punished for having something in common with criminals. Yet we use the same logic on a daily basis without thinking twice about it. If you see a person in a suit in a corthouse, you are going to assume you are looking at a lawyer. Furthermore, you wouldnt think about doing buisness with a lawyer that wears a sweaty old t-shirt, shorts, and does buisness out of his garage.
I'm not saying discrimination is ok. All I'm saying is that when you simplify things to such a black and white level, you are yourself stereotyping.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts