Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

If I was interested in reading a paperback novel while a passenger on a motorcycle...I'd want it to be a Goldwing with armrests. One quick evasive maneuver and that unfortunate passenger will go flying! :eek:

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
So the husband is going along at a slow rate of speed as his wife is checking for said turn-off point on said booklet/map. That is what it looks like to me.

Being a solo rider I would have to stop & check it out myself & then make said turn-off as I understood.

Nothing wrong if husband & wife are going along at a leasure pace even slower then max speed limit. She looks comfortable with the pillion riding position & bet you they have been doing this for a number of years & she can probably feel the pitch of the bike if he banks a bit to the left or right & rolls right along with him.

A true husband & wife two-some with identical helmets, identical jackets, trousers to probably boots & gloves. There are such people you know. Probably the only thing not being two-some is the one bike & she probably does NOT like the idea of riding a m/c other then being a pillion rider.

We have chaps on this & other m/c boards of where the wife does not ride the bike, but likes to ride pillion.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I could understand being bored if I was riding on a HD, but you just know that BMW has alot left in it. It could be a map but it just looks a bit think to me.

Sepias

·
Registered
312 Posts
Blue Jays said:
Hi All-

If I was interested in reading a paperback novel while a passenger on a motorcycle...I'd want it to be a Goldwing with armrests. One quick evasive maneuver and that unfortunate passenger will go flying! :eek:

~ Blue Jays ~
Actually there is a backrest so this is perfectly safe. :p

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
mac020 said:
My wife will actually take a snooze on longer trips. Oh. and ya it's a Harley. :twofinger
Ha! I knew those things put people to sleep! Thats probly why you see them broken down on the side of the road so much, the rider just wanted a little nap:twofinger

Sepias

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Some of the people have cashed in on the tourists, but putting out small magazines with photos, places to visit, good eating place & so much more along with map route in detail. For that is just around the size of them. Crumbs they even tell you what the road surface is like (especially for the roads that often have gravel or gravel sometimes on the paved roads, steepness & such) & they are being gobbled up at quite a price to my outlook, though feel said couple could afford one or two of them.

Yet if you are in gyms have you noted so many women have a magazine up & will they use the treat-mill they are reading said magazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

Smitty, you just have me an idea!

Imagine a textile motorcycle garment like an Aerostich suit with a zippered window on the back made of tough, clear plastic. If a person is wearing it by himself/herself it can just be a storage pocket for registration and insurance or whatever. If the person has a passenger, they could insert a folded map...just as one would do on a tankbag.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Blue Jays said:
Hi All-

Smitty, you just have me an idea!

Imagine a textile motorcycle garment like an Aerostich suit with a zippered window on the back made of tough, clear plastic. If a person is wearing it by himself/herself it can just be a storage pocket for registration and insurance or whatever. If the person has a passenger, they could insert a folded map...just as one would do on a tankbag.

~ Blue Jays ~
"Hunny stop slouching I cant read where we turn at!"

Sorry couldn't resist:twofinger

Sepias

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Last year, Mrs Tree and I went in a charity event where you had to drive around the city and find the answers to clues. She and I decided to do it on the bike instead of in the cage.

She was holding the clue sheet on my back, writing the answers on it as we found them. We've got a pack rack, so she wasn't going to fall backwards. She felt safe as houses.

Anyway, long story short, we actually won the event, having the highest amount of correct answers. Scored a trophy and a $100 food voucher at a restaurant.

Blue Jays, even a removeable pocket, that is held on with snap clips, would be of benefit.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi cookeetree-

Or even two strips of high-quality Velcro sewn to the garment with a clear plastic pouch having the "furry" strips.

Hope everyone had a good Easter dinner...I just got back from visiting my parents' place!

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Blue Jays said:
...Or even two strips of high-quality Velcro sewn to the garment with a clear plastic pouch having the "furry" strips...
Snap clips would be less visually obtrusive when the pocket isn't attached.

Had a great Easter. Went water skiing. Funny, five weeks ago we were snow skiing!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
What about a black magnet sewn into the jacket and the pouch magnetic as well. You would never notice it untill you had it on.

I cleaned out the garage for easter... lucky me. But I am getting ribs for dinner:D

Sepias

1 - 20 of 23 Posts