Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
I see no reason to doubt his continued existence. All he is doing is weaving through traffic at 100+ . Ok so 148 through the tunnel with the traffic is a little nuts. I would have done it when I was a teenager. Not now though too much to live for. Typical Frenchman.
BTW it is french being translated/commentated by the voice over into german.

·
Registered
254 Posts
That was absolute insanity. I would agree that there is a good chance he is no longer with us. He was probably killed while stopped at an intersection by an ambulance running over him or something stupid like that, though. For some reason, people that ride like that seem to have 9 lives.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've seen this video several times over on esportbike.com...

This is the Bypass Expressway that encircles Paris... kinda like the one around Atlanta... anyway, somebody over on esporbike translated a little of it and this guy was illegally trying to set his own personal record for the quickest time around this loop.

I agree it looks pretty careless and wreckless... but I also think the "fish-eye" camera makes it look more dramatic and overemphasizes the close calls.

M.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dead

I'm pretty sure the person piloting the bike in the video is dead. I first saw this video about two years ago and heard second-hand that the guy died later on trying to beat his record again. As I recall, the guy left behind a family as well. :mad:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kramrd said:
I agree it looks pretty careless and wreckless... but I also think the "fish-eye" camera makes it look more dramatic and overemphasizes the close calls.
I have to disagree. I think those close calls are every bit as close as they look. You don't think that lane-splitting at 200+kph is dangerous? Hell I won't even do it at over 80kph.

What about when he leans the bike over while inbetween two vehicles? A bike gets real wide real fast when you do that. His head must have been millimetres away from the car on this right...

RIP man.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Blackbird said:

They split traffic at 200-250kph on one wheel?
Yes, not as dramatically ofcourse, cos that's not's possible, but they do steer through traffic at 120~150 MPH on the rear wheel.

I know, I didn't believe it either.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts