·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
95 mph in a 50 zone
Not using a turn signal
No registration
No proof of insurance

Although not in our handbook, it has been discussed Redline has a "no-run" policy and we should be cooperative with law enforcement. As you can see above, we were rightfully pulled over for several things in a small attempt to make it home before the rain hit. I saw the cops, pulled to the side, shut off the engine, and waited for them to finish pulling in behind. In the following 10-15 minutes it took to check our id's, verify the bike wasn't stolen, verify there are no warrants for our arrest, and write a ticket, I'm sure we would have been it home before the rain and without speeding.

Fortunately, Macomb county sheriff appreciated the cooperation, and gave me a warning for everything but the insurance. After getting our helmets back on...it poured!

Just another reason to cooperate :D

-OPP

By the way, Sparks and Joe both were cool enough to stay and wait to make sure we didn't get in too much trouble. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Does this mean your asking price for the Busa is lowering?

·
Registered
399 Posts
FWIW, in case you don't know. If you have insurance, get the proof and show it with the ticket to any cop and have them sign off on it. Fix-it ticket. Send it in to the court and the ticket goes away.

At least mine did!

Kevin

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
919rider said:
FWIW, in case you don't know. If you have insurance, get the proof and show it with the ticket to any cop and have them sign off on it. Fix-it ticket. Send it in to the court and the ticket goes away.

At least mine did!

Kevin
When was this, sounds like it was b4 the law changed back in OCT that made it a mandatory fine. Not sure what they are doing now, as they supposedly repealed the new law as well and were refunding people the fine. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I believe there is a loophole in the law that states if you have insurance and can prove it (ie the beginning date of the policy is prior to the ticket) you are still good. I got one a while back and had to fight the cops, but found one to sign off....so it went away....

·
Registered
399 Posts
LuckyStrike said:
When was this, sounds like it was b4 the law changed back in OCT that made it a mandatory fine. Not sure what they are doing now, as they supposedly repealed the new law as well and were refunding people the fine. :rolleyes:
I didn't know the law changed. My ticket was over a year ago, early last summer/spring.

Also helps that one of my best friends is a Detroit cop, so he just came over and signed off for me.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll call today and let everyone know what's the deal with a no proof of insurance ticket. I'll cross my fingers and hope its still a fix-it-ticket. In the meantime, my asking price is not going down! afterall, its pretty resonable for a "2004" :D

BTW, Kurt...yeah, thats me. Spell it backwards and what do you get? ha ha ha

·
Registered
32 Posts
You must have met up with everyone after 11:00. I was riding with sparks, joe & everyone else until I split around 11. Cops were everywhere last night. At least the cop didn't screw ya too bad.
Frank

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
919rider said:
I didn't know the law changed. My ticket was over a year ago, early last summer/spring.

Also helps that one of my best friends is a Detroit cop, so he just came over and signed off for me.

Kevin
Two of my flight students are police officers. One's a Canton Reserve, the other is Detroit. I tell them all the time the stupid shit I do:laughing: They don't care, since I tell them the discrection I take when doing certain things.

Speaking of the Rain.........last night I was in Canton playing dodgeball until 12:30. Walked out......saw the storms.......got nailed on I-275. I caught up to one cop on 96, and passed another in wixom. Why do they always have to be out when I want to go home fast:rolleyes:

·
Registered
963 Posts
The last I have heard is that the law is still in effect and it is a mandatory $300 fine whether you can prove insurance or not after the fact.. I heard this about 3 months or so ago..

for your sake Dave, i hope it has yet changed again... $300 is alot of Foching money to shell out cuz you didnt have a stupid piece of paper in your pocket...

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I do not get this law. I went to the Sec Of State...and did not need my proof because State Farm sends them everything electronically...so technically the state knows it...so why should we have to carry paper proof.....fawk this state.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That ticket is back to a "fix-it" --- show the proof within the specified amount of time and you are good to go. If I remember right the office can still charge 10 - 20 (but I don't know for sure).

One of the reasons that the law was changed back is because too many motorcyclists were getting popped for the ticket and had insurance. It is good to have a few folks in Lansing that understand how things work and fixed this rather quickly (it was a mandatory fine for a few months).

·
Registered
963 Posts
Judge said:
I do not get this law. I went to the Sec Of State...and did not need my proof because State Farm sends them everything electronically...so technically the state knows it...so why should we have to carry paper proof.....fawk this state.
Cuz this is Michigan and do we do anything within reason here?? Compared to alot of states, our laws concering traffic are really jacked..

Like those stupid "no turn on Red" signs I always so carefully ignore...:finger:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Judge said:
Its that damn Canadian they voted in... BTW if you run and get away you go home with nothing :D :twofinger

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
ynot said:
Its that damn Canadian they voted in... BTW if you run and get away you go home with nothing :D :twofinger

LOL...is that how it works :twofinger

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
FurryChoCha said:
Cuz this is Michigan and do we do anything within reason here?? Compared to alot of states, our laws concering traffic are really jacked..

Like those stupid "no turn on Red" signs I always so carefully ignore...:finger:
Try the stop signs we have in some of the intersections in PA.......all traffic stop except right turns. Now that is some Fawked up shiot to deal with....especially when I was the new kid from the South...we did not have shiot like that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts