Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am looking at a 03 Suzuki Z 400 ATV, it is yellow with shock covers nurf bars and full skid plates, bumpers and aftermarket seat. the only thing i don't like is the graphic kit they put on it, I probably will take them off and either get another kit or leaves it all yellow what do you guys think? it is at a dealer, what would you say it is worth?

plus how do you compare them to other quads, the only other quad I rode latley is a 660r raptor and I used to own a old fourtrax. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, good choice on the z, I used to have one. Now I have a 450r, I should say 500R. If the rappy is just piped and jetted, a set of hot cams(intake and exhaust), yank that air box lid, rejet and a pulsecharger exhaust you'll be runnin with the rappys. Don't get me wrong rappys CAN be fast. It's like anything else, it's not what you buy, it's what you build.......Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a honda 400ex and it is similar to the z 400 in some aspects. Just not fuel injected. I have it piped and jetted so they are pretty equal in speed. The z 400 is a lot better now though because they have res front shocks. I like the fuel injection also. I wanted one but didnt have the money. Now I want a 450. My buddy has a yfz450 and it rips. I rode a raptor before. They are fast just handled like crap. The new ones are wider though. I know the earlier z 400 had a problem with broken swingarms and cracking frames. But they gusseted the frames on the newer ones. I would look into it if I were you. Even if you bought it already.

·
Registered
526 Posts
z400

we flat tracked against some 400's and 450's also a raptor or two. the 450's were definately the quicker of the 3. of course we are old school with a 1987lt500r that flat out gets it and is very hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
we flat tracked against some 400's and 450's also a raptor or two. the 450's were definately the quicker of the 3. of course we are old school with a 1987lt500r that flat out gets it and is very hard to beat.
Right on! The old "Quadzilla." Even with all the new high-tech 4-stroke technology that dominates the market now, it's still hard to beat a big 500cc two-stroke in the dirt. Long live old school!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts