Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a 600 sportbike. Leaning towards Honda 600f4i unless kawasaki puts fuel injection on the 03 zx6r. I am short 5'6 with a 29" inseam. I am comfortable on the Honda and Suzuki, but would like to touch the ground better. Is there any way to lower the seat height on the sportbikes?

·
Registered
16 Posts
There are two ways to lower ride height. You can shave down the foam inside your seat (may not be as comfortable), and you can lower the suspension. Adjustment Tech Racing- http://www3.sympatico.ca/a.jones/INDEX.HTM has adjustable replacement suspension parts that fit many popular bikes. I have one on my Yamaha. It cost me $170 and was easy to install. If you lower the suspension, you will probably have to shorten your kickstand. Any welder can do this. As for shaving the seat foam, don't know much about it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CBRF4i

Another question, a friend of mine knows a Honda dealer and can get me a 2002 Honda CBR600F4i for $7300. Is this a good deal? The dealers in Muncie and Indianapolis have their prices around $8700.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me.

Here in Washington when I was first looking at bikes I was given a price of 7500 for a CBR600 f4i. Sounds like a pretty good deal. Too bad there are not any web sites like Edmunds.com for motorcycles to tell you the actual invoice price.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Re: Sounds like a good deal to me.

krsteen said:
Here in Washington when I was first looking at bikes I was given a price of 7500 for a CBR600 f4i. Sounds like a pretty good deal. Too bad there are not any web sites like Edmunds.com for motorcycles to tell you the actual invoice price.
Well... if you're up for doing a bit of "reverse Math" you can probably run a used bike price check on KelleyBlueBook.com and then just work the new value backwards from there. It should be "do-able". Just an idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts