Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and watched some local stunters practice last night in a parking lot. I just got my new bike like 3 days ago, it took everything i had to not try and do some wheelies. Even though i have never done one on a sport bike. I had never seen anyone stunt in person before and it was "nuts". I cant stop wanting to try and learn some tricks. Just forked over a bunch of cash on a new bike, but may be time to save up for a bike to trash.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I remember when I went to see a stunt show for the first time. There were a lot of sport bikes and sweet Harley's. I rolled up on my 1982 Yamaha Virago XV750 (the bike i learned to ride on). Anyway, it was a great show!!! I don't have any advice for stunting except to wear your gear!

·
Registered
329 Posts
welcome aboard, my advise is get a crunchy bike and find a legal spot, that nice bike and youre license are already at risk if youre even thinking about stunting!!!! Wear gear and respect the learning curve. Good luck. Also I think you should just ride for a while, just to train youre muscle memory on such things as throttle, brake input, etc. this is vital to all aspects of pushing youre limits on a bike when panick time hits and you dont have time to think!!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Its a good past time. Just dont be too squidly about it. Try to get at least 10k miles under your belt, and its really best to get a dedicated stunt bike. Ya, know, something that crashes cheaply..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mY friend just got a 93 cbr 600 to learn how to ride a bike. I think i may use that when he is done with it. I know it has the power just have to change out sprockets and whatnot. My of the guys I know that stunt have 04's and 05's. The take brand new bikes, beat the tank in(on purpose), cut parts off, add some bars and beat the hell out of them. Is that the norm for this sport? I could tear up an old bike but not a brand new one.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
No point in beating up a new bike... no spare parts on ebay yet.

·
Registered
489 Posts
02whitestang said:
mY friend just got a 93 cbr 600 to learn how to ride a bike. I think i may use that when he is done with it. I know it has the power just have to change out sprockets and whatnot. My of the guys I know that stunt have 04's and 05's. The take brand new bikes, beat the tank in(on purpose), cut parts off, add some bars and beat the hell out of them. Is that the norm for this sport? I could tear up an old bike but not a brand new one.
Not the norm, but yes it does happen a lot. Its all a matter of if you have the cash and the desire. I beat the hell out of an 02 gixxer. But my suggestion is to get what you can and get it cheap. You will definately destroy it while learning. Old 900rr's are nice. f2-f4i's are great. FI gixxers. Anything you wouldn't mind walking out to the garage and kicking over bruce lee style just for the hell of it. Fun "sport" but can get pricey and painful. Good luck. And wait on the wheelies till you get the hang of riding.

·
Registered
489 Posts
mstrand_68 said:
I caught the bug on my R6 and couldn't wait to get a 1000. 11 grand, 30 miles, a plate and 3 screws in my wrist, and a few tears later, here I am just wishing I could ride.
thats because you felt you needed a 1000 to stunt. Sorry to hear of your misfortunes man. Heal up and get back out there.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
mstrand_68 said:
I caught the bug on my R6 and couldn't wait to get a 1000. 11 grand, 30 miles, a plate and 3 screws in my wrist, and a few tears later, here I am just wishing I could ride.
30 miles? Was it your first bike?

·
Registered
746 Posts
3rd bike, hadn't worn the tire coating off the edges yet. Wasn't doing anything stupid, someone pulled out way to far and had to turn sharp around them, hit the slick part on tire, spun out, high sided, done. 1st crash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts