Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm hoping to be able to purchase a CBR 600 in the next few months. Haven't decided between the F4 and F4i(but that's a whole 'nother story). Anyways I'm making myself wait until I have about $3k saved up to put towards the bike before I buy it. So I can keep the payments down, and not end up paying for it for like 10,000 months. Every now and then though I'm tempted to throw that plan out the window and just go buy one. But it's going to be worth it to stick to my plan right??? :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah good, just needed some positive reinforcement :) Looks like my parents really didn't raise a dummy when it comes to financial matters, though they might disagree on my sanity after I purchase the bike :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Definately wait a while. I just recently purchased an F4i and did it on the Honda Card. For your info, the Honda card is a variable rate card with a MINUMUM APR at 16.75%.:eek: The ONLY reason I signed is because I transfered everything over to one of my credit cards. I got a balance transfer rate of 6.9% fixed. That alone will save me $2400 and $40/mo MINIMUM.:cool: And just a cool byproduct is I delayed my first payment another month.:D Good luck and be careful what you sign for...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've been looking at all my options, and I'll probably end up going through a friends bank. He's branch manager, and can help me out as far as interest rate, etc. As well as length of loan and those odds and ends. I definitely don't want to end up stuck under a big loan, making payments, but getting nowhere.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I say wait a lttle while. If you fall a thoudand short and have cash they rend to drop the price. ex. the bike is 8000 and you show up with 7000 cash they will sell you the bike for the 7000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts