Sportbike World banner

Has a thief ever taken some of your motorcycle fun?

• The whole bike was taken

Votes: 31 16.3%
  • A few parts here and there

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Enough parts to total it

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • No problems for me

Votes: 142 74.7%
  • More than one bike stolen

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
I'm in a rural area, so no problems with sh*t being stolen.

We even had a fix-it guy leave our house unlocked, with some of his tools sitting just inside the door and nothing was touched.

I've never experienced a break-in or something being stolen like that, so I don't know how I'd feel.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
cookeetree said:
I'm in a rural area, so no problems with sh*t being stolen.

We even had a fix-it guy leave our house unlocked, with some of his tools sitting just inside the door and nothing was touched.

I've never experienced a break-in or something being stolen like that, so I don't know how I'd feel.
:eek: You've never had anything stolen? Wow, dude.

If American cigarettes are cheaper then 35.00 US over there, I'm moving.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
sidewaysducati said:
If American cigarettes are cheaper then 35.00 US over there, I'm moving.
With the anti-smoking legislation taking force, you'd be better off quitting. :D (Not that you wouldn't be welcome, of course.)

Good thing I never started that habit.....

·
Registered
81 Posts
There was a story on the news this week about a car theft. Two guys in an apartment complex were awoken by noises outside their apartment, they went out side and somebody was in one of the two guys vintage camero. The two roomates ripped the guy out and they beat him nearly to death with a hockey stick. The theif died a day later in the local hospital:twofinger The two roomates were questioned and released with absolutly no charges. Becuase it was their property they had the right to protect it.

So bottom line of this story, if you catch somebody jacking with your bike, it is justified (not completly by law depending on the situation) to beat the person to into critical condition. Personally, i think this is the only way to treat a theif. Beat the lesson into them.

·
Registered
577 Posts
stole and stripped a Suzuki gs550 I had back in 86/87

·
Registered
11 Posts
i havn't had any problems. my bike is garaged at home and in a parking garage at work. i have a disk lock for a little security, but i dont think anyone would want anything from a KAT anywayz. they heavy as hell!

·
Registered
76 Posts
thieves

Guys,
This one trips my trigger! Even though I have never had anything taken, I do some part-time sales in a four line dealer on the east coast....and its getting so bad here they have formed a special unit to handle it.{leo} We should do the same as well.....If we catch one hang, draw anw quarter his ass and mark him a bike thief.....Sold a young couple a last year {new} GSX-R 600 on a thursday on Sat night the bastards hit him and four more in their apt complex, this shit has got to stop....It dont make sense....probably know some of them ...and dont know thier true nature...beat em, give them to the law.... what ever this is wrong as two boys scr#@ing

Rodm850g

·
Registered
166 Posts
monkey said:
i never should have answered this thread. now i'm f*cking bullsh*t!!!:cussing;
Wait till the kid is alone and hire some BIG BUBBA to rape him...Heck make that 5 of them , you want to get your moneys worth...When the little jerk gets a car flatten his tires twice a week...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I keep my little GS500 locked up in a building behind my house, but I have seen something that made me shutter.

I like in a pretty rural area outside of one of our state's bigger cities. As of late, the crime rate in that city has been on the rise, with an increase in drug trafficking and the related criminal element flooding in from Detroit (of all places). I have yet to take my bike downtown for any reason...I'll pay the ridiculous gas prices before I'll risk leaving my bike unattended around there.

Anyhow, while entering a friend's apartment complex a few weeks ago, I notice a brand new Kawi 650R sitting inside the main entrance in the foyer (also where the residents get their mail). No lock. No cover. Wide open. Still, I think to myself, there is a camera and someone has to buzz you into the door in the first place...so maybe this isn't so bad.

Fast-forward a week.

Now, officially, the same bike is being left curbside in one of the darkest spots of the busiest street in the city...which happens to be beside the apartment complex. Maybe the guy got lazy, or maybe the landlord wouldn't let it stay inside, but it's out there. And guess what? Still no locks or cover.

I absolutely amazes me, because there are roughly 6 nightclubs and bars within a 50 yard radius, so you have all kinds of drunk slobs around this beautiful bike each night. The owner is literally begging for that thing to be lifted.:finger:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been very fortunate in all the years I have owned a bike that no thieves have ever stolen something off the bike or the bike(knocks on wood).

At home I have had a place to park the bike inside at night, when parking the bike at work I have a Kryptonite disc lock plus I lock the steering, I know the bike can still be stolen but I am trying to make it very difficult for anyone who might try/succeed.

As far as vandalism someone put an empty candy bar wrapper just under the front lip of the half tank bra. Luckily nothing as far as a true vandalist act has been done to my Kat (knocks on wood hard enough to break the wood).

Sorry to hear others have had problems.

I myself do not believe in messing with someones vehicle, if they mess with mine I will not attack their vehicle, their body will take the brunt of the reply to their cowardice action.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i had my F3 stolen from outside of a friends condo a few years ago. i figured it would be okay because his hadnt been stolen. i parked it right in front of his truck with his bike so that it would be had to get it out of the parking spot. evidently not hard enough though cause they snagged it. i was burning man...it happened and my girlfriend at the time noticed it not not to long after it had been taken. i was knocking on doors asking if anyone saw anything. i walked around the parking lot looking for suspicious looking people and accused a few different people before calming down...the cop came...an hour later and took the report. he said not to have much hope though cause seattles stolen bike return rate is like 3%. i was pissed. three days later i got a call from the sheriffs office. they said that they found my bike crashed about ten miles from where it was taken. the lady was cool. she said that she wanted to let me know before the cruiser got there because they would impound it and i would have to pay for towing and impound. i got there right when the cop did. the crash happened like this...the piece of shit...i meant thief came over a hill going way over the speed limit. there was a road on the right that he tried to slow down to make the turn. he locked the back break and it highsided him. a witness said that they saw a white car that was following him stop and pick him up. i guess he was banged up pretty bad and didnt have a helmet. it almost totalled the bike but i had a little joy out of knowing that the dude got fucked up. the witness was nice enough to let me use their yard to load the bike up. and the cop didnt really say much. he said he should probably take it for fingerprinting and i told him no he wasnt...i was going to take it home. he didnt argue so that was cool...now im so fucking paranoid that i dont do shit with my bike unless i can see it where im sitting or i have about 50,000 lbs of cable, chain and locks on it. in my eyes alarm systems are garbage. it takes a grand total of about ten seconds for four guys to throw a bike in the back of a truck or van. it doesnt matter much if a siren is going off as they drive away does it. this pisses me off thinking about it...

41 - 56 of 56 Posts