Sportbike World banner

Has a thief ever taken some of your motorcycle fun?

• The whole bike was taken

Votes: 31 16.3%
  • A few parts here and there

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Enough parts to total it

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • No problems for me

Votes: 142 74.7%
  • More than one bike stolen

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
They took the whole damn thing. My only hope is that it was an inexperienced rider that took it for a joyride and wrecked and died. Might be a little extreme, but that's pretty much how I feel about thieves.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some one stripped mine while it was in my garage in a gated apartment community on a Sunday Night. Here is a picture.

They took all but frame, motor, suspension, and rims.

·
Registered
148 Posts
They took my six month old GSXR750 alarmed, from outside my girlfriend's studio . . . . scum, I put a curse on them...

The curse couldn't have worked because a year later they then took my CBR600, also alarmed, from outside my house.

I have now moved from England to America and they have stopped taking my bikes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Way back in 77 I had a 250 dual sport stolen. Who ever took it cut the wiring to start it but didn't have enough sense to check the fuel petcock. I found it a couple blocks away with the fuel still shut off. Started parking inside the apartment after that.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a czech made security system called cz-75. It is always loaded with hydroshock rounds and will bust a .40 in yo' ass!

lol

I usually put mine between my f150 and suv on my quiet one way street. I've seen one kinda shady guy giving it the once over, but just went out and started talking to the guy (no gun) and he started asking if i ever had a problem with theft. I havent yet. Now that I have a akropovich slip on, is there a way to keep it on the bike while parked at work? I usually park on the roof of the garage by the helicopter where about a thousand patient rooms look down on it, but are there any other methods of making a slip on harder to steal?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
the whole damn thing was taken. called the cops, i drove around the neighborhood and FOUND IT MYSELF 3 streets down with the ignition smashed out, the coil fried with a power supply hooked up to it, and plastic strewn everywhere. cops came, we recovered it, cost me $600 to fix (did the work myself) and nothing happened to the kid who stole it. now get this, are you ready for this one? the kid who stole it was a cops son and THAT particular cop was put incharge of the investigation. strange that they didn't see HOW F*CKED UP THAT IS!!!!!!!!!!:finger: :mad: :cussing; :cussing; :cussing; :cussing; :cussing;

THAT WAS BULLSH*T!!!!!!!!:cussing; :cussing; :cussing;

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
monkey said:
the whole damn thing was taken. called the cops, i drove around the neighborhood and FOUND IT MYSELF 3 streets down with the ignition smashed out, the coil fried with a power supply hooked up to it, and plastic strewn everywhere. cops came, we recovered it, cost me $600 to fix (did the work myself) and nothing happened to the kid who stole it. now get this, are you ready for this one? the kid who stole it was a cops son and THAT particular cop was put incharge of the investigation. strange that they didn't see HOW F*CKED UP THAT IS!!!!!!!!!!:finger: :mad: :cussing; :cussing; :cussing; :cussing; :cussing;

Could you not have pressed charges against him or something? :confused:

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
monkey said:

Can you repeat after me boys and girls: Conflict of interest much?!? :wtf:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
spicersh said:
Could you not have pressed charges against him or something? :confused:
i tried to but it got thrown out. reason being is that even though his finger prints were all over it, and my head light was found locked in the garage, and it was found in the driveway, i was told because nobody F*CKING SAW THE *&@#$% RIDING THE F*CKING THING THAT THERE WAS NO F*CKING PROOF IT WAS HIM!!! oh yeah, and get this. 2 or 3 months after it got thrown out and he got let go of the charges, he was caught takeing my neighbors for a joyride on the highway after a 2 hour chase with at least a dozen or so state troopers chasing him across half the state. but I GOT F*CKED!!!:mad:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
i never should have answered this thread. now i'm f*cking bullsh*t!!!:cussing;

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
monkey said:
i never should have answered this thread. now i'm f*cking bullsh*t!!!:cussing;
Ever think about just killing the MF-er?

Of course I am just kidding. That sucks though.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
spicersh said:
Ever think about just killing the MF-er?

Of course I am just kidding. That sucks though.
i will NOT write anything that anyone may be called into testify for.

he still lives close to me and i see him about once a month.

·
Registered
85 Posts
taken

One Friday, I noticed a van parked close to my bike, although there was several open spots much closer to the building. As soon as I got to my bike, the van took off. I was soo tired that night, that I completly forgor about it over the weekend over a few beers. :mad: Next Monday, I came back from lunch at 2PM, parked it. Got off work at 5PM, and the bike was gone. :crying:

I recognize the driver still. If I ever see someone doing that to ANYBODY's bike, God help them. :finger:

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Re: taken

Needa916 said:
...If I ever see someone doing that to ANYBODY's bike, God help them. :finger:

You and me both man!!!:mad: I've chased kids off of bikes that didn't belong to them, I even confronted a guy in the mall parking lot who was acting really suspicious around a GSXR750. Turned out he was trying to figure out how to hotwire it...thank God I approached him 'cause he took off running when I asked him what he was doing!

There's a special place in Hell for people who steal bikes!!!:finger:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
slaintedan said:
You need to hire Jonnie Cochran!!!
what officer..what gun...this gun? oh its a squirt gun...blood? what blood?...oh thats not blood..its strawberry jelly...:crying:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts