Sportbike World banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
DreamRyder said:
no prob.. i just got back online at the new place...

I will be in Osceola IN drag racing this weekend the 3rd .. but hope to make Milan, MI before the season is over if maybe that aint' too far for ya.. would love to see you too before long.. it's a shame us gals are all so spread out from one another..

you see Frenchi aka V. much? I feel bad hadn't talked with her in a few wks .. so lil time anymore...

E.
I found her on MySpace so we started chatting a little. It's so cool to see she is racing too! Inspires me to get out and try it. :) I think she is going to be at MidO this weekend so hoping to run into her there. Should be cool. Wish you could make it.

I hope everything works out for you in your new location. I should be trying to make another trip to Michigan to visit the guys before the end of the year. Keep me in the loop of when you're going to be up there!

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
ninjagirl219 said:
I found her on MySpace so we started chatting a little. It's so cool to see she is racing too! Inspires me to get out and try it. :) I think she is going to be at MidO this weekend so hoping to run into her there. Should be cool. Wish you could make it.

I hope everything works out for you in your new location. I should be trying to make another trip to Michigan to visit the guys before the end of the year. Keep me in the loop of when you're going to be up there!
sweeet! tell her I said knock 'em dead out there next time at the track...

my next time to MI is Aug 19th to us131 Dragway in Martin... it's not far from Gingerman and Grattan.. kinda between teh two...

I need to get my website creation going again so I can put some pages up for us girls! and show our stats and pictures and what not...

my last time out to the strip was Sat and I was hopin to see 8.7's but only could get me an 8.8 spinnin the whole way just about.. I did manage to qualify 2nd but after elimniations I only placed 4th.. but still nto bad since I was the only NOS stock motor in the group.. all the others were Turbo's ...

E.

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
Ladies,

Please forgive me for posting in your thread.

Be careful and watchful at Deals Gap. There is a TON of law enforcement unleashed on the road, and talk is that TN DOT will install about 99 speedbumps on S129 through TN/NC border area (The Dragon).

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon_SHUTDOWN.html

There is a bunch of silliness going on there. Please be careful.

No leg humping here (the leg I'd hump isn't available... ) Just want y'all to know.

Maybe we all need to start hitting tracks more, and roads less. Rumor has it that they hit "The Snake" (S142?) just as hard.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks Dan! We've already been talking about it over here http://sbw.sportbikes.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64179 but thanks again for your concern. We're going to have plenty of fun with or without the Dragon.

That speedbump thing is all rumors for now! I'll get really worried when the cement trucks start cresting the hill. ;) Or I'll just buy a supermoto! :D

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
ninjagirl219 said:
Thanks Dan! We've already been talking about it over here http://sbw.sportbikes.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64179 but thanks again for your concern. We're going to have plenty of fun with or without the Dragon.

That speedbump thing is all rumors for now! I'll get really worried when the cement trucks start cresting the hill. ;) Or I'll just buy a supermoto! :D
Motard! Way to go!

But you folks be safe and have a good time no matter what. I wish Dreamryder was going with, 'cause she knows the routes.

Buy in NC and avoid giving TN any cash!

·
Registered
15 Posts
DanQ said:
Ladies,

Be careful and watchful at Deals Gap. There is a TON of law enforcement unleashed on the road, and talk is that TN DOT will install about 99 speedbumps on S129 through TN/NC border area (The Dragon).

No leg humping here (the leg I'd hump isn't available... ) Just want y'all to know.

Maybe we all need to start hitting tracks more, and roads less. Rumor has it that they hit "The Snake" (S142?) just as hard.
Yes we are having problems with THP. This is where I ride 2-4 times a week. It has got crazy. Any where from 3-7 THP on the weekends.A couple of weekends ago they had a chopper out circling the part where we ride.There have been roadblocks like crazy. Sportbikes are getting in trouble for tag placement and the younger riders are getting a ticket for no motorcycle license.When this happens thay make them call someone to pick them up plus give give them a ticket. The cruisers are getting tickets for non DOT helments. All fair tickets but what they are doing this past weekend is riding your butt to the point it makes you very scared.Plus they are hanging in a parking lot across from the store where we all hang to get something to drink, and when we pull out they fall in right behind us and follow us all tge way across. One THP told someone they were not going to let 421 turn into 129, the racing was goin to stop.We don't race.I don't get it. But I'm legal and I will ride every chance I get but we are not riding alone so we always have a witness, if ever needed. One guy about a month ago got arrested for passing on a double yellow line.They charged him with all kinds of stuff and inpounded his bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
DanQ said:
Ladies,

You know....I keep hearing these rumors also but I go up there once or twice a month and have not had any issues.....
That being said...if it looks like we are going to have some problems, there are sooooo many roads we can enjoy before and after the gap....:D
If anyone is coming down early track us down....we are going up the Wednesday before....We will be staying at fontana village....I will be riding a pumpkin orange 2003 z1000.
:thumbs2:

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
Missis "B" said:
You know....I keep hearing these rumors also but I go up there once or twice a month and have not had any issues.....
That being said...if it looks like we are going to have some problems, there are sooooo many roads we can enjoy before and after the gap....:D
If anyone is coming down early track us down....we are going up the Wednesday before....We will be staying at fontana village....I will be riding a pumpkin orange 2003 z1000.
:thumbs2:
I'm hopefully heading out there the second week of Sept. In the middle of moving right now, so it depends on how that goes.

But I've heard from folks that live there that say this is all happening, and there are a ton of pics at the tailofthdragon.com website and Killboys site as well. Just be careful, and keep all those alternate routes in mind in case. I haven't heard anything about the Hellbender or the Cherohala, but I know they supposedly have hit up the Snake (421) as well.

Take care...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Leaving out tomorrow!! Woohoo!!!!!! :D
Will not be riding the z1000 after all....will be on a 2003 yzf600....
see you all this weekend!!! ;)

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
Missis "B" said:
Leaving out tomorrow!! Woohoo!!!!!! :D
Will not be riding the z1000 after all....will be on a 2003 yzf600....
see you all this weekend!!! ;)
Sweet bike! Great brakes... you'll have a really good time.

Take care... be safe..

·
Registered
1 Posts
We're heading up tomorrow early afternoon, to be there before dark hopefully. Steph, I'll find ya' or call when we're getting close so we can meet up. We'll get checked in and then bring the Luau stuff I've got over to your cabin or the Wildwood, whichever works. I'm so READY to go !!!! Drive safe & see you all soon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Women's rally 2008

Hi ladies, I am new to this forum. I would love to attend the rally in NC but I live in Fort Lauderdale. I wanted to trail my CBR up there and really do not want to do that long drive all the way up there alone. Does anyone know anyone from Florida who is going? Please let me know as I have to make plans soon Thanks very much J.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi ladies, I am new to this forum. I would love to attend the rally in NC but I live in Fort Lauderdale. I wanted to trail my CBR up there and really do not want to do that long drive all the way up there alone. Does anyone know anyone from Florida who is going? Please let me know as I have to make plans soon Thanks very much J.

Its not till August 22-24, 2008
www.womenssportbikerally.com Last year there was several GA girls maybe you could ride up and met some of them.I live in TN or I would hook up with ya.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Definitely look for 2008 updated information to go up this week. I just took a new job and moved too which has been crazy. :D

Currently you can book rooms at Fontana Village www.fontanavillage.com simply by calling and asking for the WSR rate that day. Itinerary will about the same as last year with Friday being a Meet 'n Greet opportunity, Saturday riding (self-guided or group) and Saturday night being the big party. Hope you can make it. That is great!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wsr

Hello all. I'm heading to the WSR for the 1st time this year. Im about 30 mins from Asheville so the drive isn't that bad. But I'm coming alone and would love to meet up with someone before heading up. I can't wait to meet all yall and interested in finding out all about all of you. Looking forward to hear everyones bike stories. I love to ride but all the ppl I ride with have crusiers. It will be great to meet others with the same interests.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts