Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dilemma One:

New Snowboard wanted, (board boots bindings), New bike wanted (2001ZX6R).

Dilemma Two:

A better (not new) car would be nice.

Dilemma Three:

Computer Upgrades for AV/Digital Editing Station. (Long overdue)

Solution?

Get everything and more except new bike?
-OR-
Get new board and gear, and wait a month more on new bike and get nothing else.

I am really beginning to go insane on this one.

Life would be simplere without a bike. but then again....

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts

:)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Decision Made.

Thanks Robert,

But let me ask you... when was the last time you had $8000.00 CASH (disposable) sitting in your bank acct?? Its a real mind scrambler.

I went and got my $500.00 deposit back from the dealer. I think i am gonna distribute my $$ across the board and put off a bike for the time being.

This is a real tough call on my part, but there are just too many more responsible ways to spend ma money.

It tears me up inside, but i know ill get a biike again in the future, so at least thats a consolation.

Hey maybe ill buy the little YSR50 from my friend and get it all back in order. At least i could say i own a sportbike!

G

·
Re: Decision Made.

GreenNinja said:
Thanks Robert,

But let me ask you... when was the last time you had $8000.00 CASH (disposable) sitting in your bank acct?? Its a real mind scrambler.

I went and got my $500.00 deposit back from the dealer. I think i am gonna distribute my $$ across the board and put off a bike for the time being.

This is a real tough call on my part, but there are just too many more responsible ways to spend ma money.

It tears me up inside, but i know ill get a biike again in the future, so at least thats a consolation.

Hey maybe ill buy the little YSR50 from my friend and get it all back in order. At least i could say i own a sportbike!

Well I guess that's it spanky! Your moderator duties here are over ! Hand in that badge ;)
I wouldn't get a new(semi-new) car my man, You are one of the lucky people who can ride all year .. Being the minimalist that I am , I'd take the bike and board .. At least get a used bike .... Ok

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Priorities

How 'bout renting your board for the upcoming(short)snow season,upgrading the computer(long term), and getting the new(er) bike(perpetual smiles!!)
You are lucky to have the weather u have.....I went riding yesterday,(40degrees), for about one hour and almost froze my N*&@#ts off.....consider yourself lucky and take advantage of your location!!Ride while u can buddy...life is too short to not enjoy your passions.....I just hope that a sportbike is at the top of that list!!:D
My two cents worth........

JIM:)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Woops too late!

Well, heres the new baby.

'67 Mustang GTA

Factory 289/4V, Factory Air, PS, PB (disc), Factory GT Mags, AZ car, all original, new paint, clear coat, garaged & covered.

Got it for $6000.00 and ive got tons of play money left.

Some things in life you just cant pass up. This car is immaculate. The interior alone is jaw dropping. So i pick it up tommorrow after work.

Im sure there will be another bike down the road but for now, im taking a break.

Also, got new board, boots and bindings today. Ill be boarding in Wolf Creek, CO, Thursday, Friday and Saturday (Nov 17-19).

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Mike,

Congrats on the new car! And even though it's a Ford at least it's green! ;)

I myself would be lost without a bike. But everyone has different priorities. I know you will like the car and I wish you the best with it.

I know I'll see you back with a bike within a few years anyway!

·
Registered
741 Posts
awww mannn... I was looking forward to seein ya get that new ninja... :( well... maybe soon you can afford one again! I myself couldnt do without either!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Not to steal your thunder

Mike, congrats on the new ride....too bad it has four wheels though. :D
Now I gotta find someone new to ride with...

As a matter of fact I too had to give up the bike (sorta). As most of you know I got a new job that I start on the 20th. Unfortunately this job requires that I actually wear semi-professional dress instead of jeans, so I had to give up riding the bike (not to mention its about 20 miles away and the mornings have only been in the 40's). So I bought another car....my garage is now full with 1 truck, 1 car and two motorcycles...

Anyway the new ride is a 91 Eclipse...I just needed some wheels to get me around town and this will do just that...not to mention its a little sporty...:D
This is it:

Well anyway...congrats on the new car Mike...its pretty sweet.

Will

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Damn,

With all of the new cars floating around... I have a 300ZX... Anyone want to trade me a late model Porsche for it? ;)

G

·
I'm gonna pass the hat for donations to Will's sticker fund. With some "No Fear", "VTec", and "Type R" stickers, we'll have that ride smokin'! :D

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yeah Jena(my wife) keeps sayin I'm gonna turn it into a rice boy mobile :D....I'd rather spend my dough on a new bike or parts for the existing one...I just need the car to get me to work...

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No stickers needed on the Mustang.

The GTA emblems say it all.

Oh hey, nice car Will, just be careful, the older Eclipses have been known to be prone to engine problems, (poor oiling, seizing, etc)

But i like em anyway. Too bad its WHITE!!!!

:D

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I know I would've preferred red....but I was in a pinch and the price was good...soo what can you do.. I've been keeping an eye on the engine too over the last couple of days trying to listen for "things"...but it runs really good and the timing belt was replaced at 40000 on a recall so I don't have to worry about that f*in up on me...

·
Registered
741 Posts
You know you can check out your cars or bikes here for any recalls!! My mustang has a few and so does the ninja!
Click here!

·
Registered
32 Posts
wolf creek eh?

I'm envious. I spent the past seven years with a season pass to wolfee. I'm all busted up now and living in the midwest but I still have all the sick secret stashes in a map in my head. I awake all the time from dreams of frozen nose hairs, face shots in 40" of southern sludge; tight steep trees. Wolf Creek is short but sweet. One of the last of the great unspoiled. Drop me a line and maybe I'll let you in on some secrets. As far as the board- there is no need for a new one or edges for that matter. Just stay in the steep and deep and never touch bottom.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts