Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a long and diffucult decision, but I finally bought my 01 GXR-750/Blue/White. Couldn't resist the price of $8600.00 plus a helmet & tie-down straps. I've been waiting for 3 years to find the best of the best and this bike has the stats. to back it up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
bravo

Excellent choice of bikes. I have a 99 750 and it is all the bike I need. Although I was drooling over a 1000 today I have yet to master the ability of my 750. I want the 1000 because it's there. :p

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gixxer 750 holds its own...

The final decision that made the Gixxer 750 my choice was the Cycle World issue of Master Blasters (July 01)!!!! 17 bike Supersport Shootout. Best lap times; 750 1:51.82 4th best, Trap Speed 150.4 Tied for 2nd, Rider Rating 8.7 3rd best. These results are very impressive, because this was a 750 going up against bigger bikes and it did very well.... Am I proud of my Gixxer...Can I get a Hell Yeah!!!!! :D

P

·
0 Posts
Maxima, congrats on getting one helluva fine sportbike. A bit of advice, if I may, since the GSXR750 is not what most would consider a good first bike: treat its capabilites with *lots* of respect. Safe riding to ya!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great choice of bikes. I have the same bike '01 Gixxer 750 blue/white and I love it. I have had it since may and have put on about 4000 miles, not bad considering I can't ride to work too often in my suit and tie. Have fun with the bike, but be cautious as to how hard you push it initialy, this bike will never cease to suprise you with its capablities, just make sure your capabilities are up to par with what you're asking the bike to do. Enjoy and be safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts