Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
One of my fav blogs adds (You might have heard, he served in Vietnam) after every single mention of kerry's name...

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Yeah, that was a pretty efffd up thing for him to say.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Kerry comments

Why is this even news? The troops should be much more offended by the lies told by Bush and his cronies that put them over there in the first place. Kerry's gaffe pales in comparison.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uh huh.

Well, it is considered really bad form for a politician to bad mouth those who serve in the military.

The military are charged with defending the country.

If a politician wants to further his career, i.e. get into the White House, it is a very foolish thing to do.

If one dislikes the President or whomever, fine. However, it is considered an unforgiveable sin to denigrate those who serve.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Here is my problem with alot of politicians that "served in VietNam"....how many of them were drafted and had to go? Its not like todays Military....our soldiers now have made the choice to go and serve thier country.....the choice was not made for them.

'
'

I chose to serve

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Judge said:
Here is my problem with alot of politicians that "served in VietNam"....how many of them were drafted and had to go? Its not like todays Military....our soldiers now have made the choice to go and serve thier country.....the choice was not made for them.

'
'

I chose to serve
Very good point!!

Jen

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Judge said:

'
'

I chose to serve
Does how they ended up there have anything do to whatsoever with the fact that they fought for their country?

Did you choose to serve in Vietnam?

Lets compare apples to apples here. I'm not at all trying to discount your aplaudable service in the military, but what you really said was "I chose to serve in today's military" and comparing that against "those who were drafted into service during the Vietnam war". I'm going to make the assumption that had you actually served in Vietnam, you would not have cared if the guy next to you helping you exterminate the enemy had been drafted or had volunteered, as long as he was helping to cover your ass from enemy fire. Am I right?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
fasterbusa said:
Uh huh.

Well, it is considered really bad form for a politician to bad mouth those who serve in the military.

The military are charged with defending the country.

If a politician wants to further his career, i.e. get into the White House, it is a very foolish thing to do.

If one dislikes the President or whomever, fine. However, it is considered an unforgiveable sin to denigrate those who serve.
Mr Kerry told an audience of students: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq."

Bad comment made about troops in Iraq

A spokeswoman for Mr Kerry said the prepared joke was: "Do you know where you end up if you don’t study, if you aren’t smart, if you’re intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq. Just ask President Bush."

Joke intended at Dubya.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Either way......

Kerry is a dipshit.... W is a fucking moron lying bastard....

This country will be in for a very tough down hill sliding future if these are the types of choices we give ourselves for leadership...

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Damn those liars... Turns out saddam was a nice guy who meant us no harm, didnt you hear?

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
ChoCha said:
Either way......

Kerry is a dipshit.... W is a fucking moron lying bastard....

This country will be in for a very tough down hill sliding future if these are the types of choices we give ourselves for leadership...
This is exactly where I stand also.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Duner said:
This is exactly where I stand also.
Well why dont you offer us a better choice?!? Free country, anyone can run for office. Its this sort of apathy that is the root cause of the problem people. People resigned themselves to thinking that all political leaders are lousy, and it turns into a self fullfilling prophecy.
Instead of blindly criticizing every leader out there, offer some suggestions, not about how things should have been done, but what should be done now. If you got something worth saying, people will listen

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Vash said:
Well why dont you offer us a better choice?!? Free country, anyone can run for office. Its this sort of apathy that is the root cause of the problem people. People resigned themselves to thinking that all political leaders are lousy, and it turns into a self fullfilling prophecy.
Instead of blindly criticizing every leader out there, offer some suggestions, not about how things should have been done, but what should be done now. If you got something worth saying, people will listen
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :2cents:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts