Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motomeccanica of Santa Rosa is hosting the demo truck today! Great day to get out and go for a test ride. I rode down and got to soak up a little mojo, bought a new shirt and some patches. Then got to ride to work! The weather has finally cleared and the head cold has subsided enough to get a helmet on! Life is good.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alas, I had to work.
But I was lucky enough to get a chance to be there for a little bit, and listen to some of the bikes warming up. The race exhaust for the Speed Triple sounds SWEET! I think I want to hear the exhaust set up for my bike now..........oh, honey, can I spend some money?!

The Daytona's were pretty. They are still a rack, but a good looking one at that. I love the Tiger, I still wanna buy one.

But, since I'm self employed, and have tons of responsibilities, that was about what I got to do. The shop is freezing cold in the mornings, so I have to get here early to turn the heater on. Don't want frozen customers...........kinda hard to tattoo over goose bumps!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like the rims on this thing. My bike has the black rims, and I really want to powder coat them........

Attachments

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And one more, just cuz I'm in the mood to waste another 10 minutes of my life here at the computer!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o|||||||o said:
I am really considering one of those silver Daytona 600s... I love the look.
I love everything but the exhaust can.........looks weird.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Inky said:
I love everything but the exhaust can.........looks weird.
And the fact that it looks like a homosexual bumble bee from the front doesn`t sway you?

·
Registered
168 Posts
o|||||||o said:
I am really considering one of those silver Daytona 600s... I love the look.
Better get one quick. Rumor has it they're going the way of the dinosaurs... There was an interview in Performance Bike magazine with the head of marketing at Triumph. The guy said they don't plan on competing with the Jap sport bikes and that they were going to concentrate on triples and twins. They're focusing on selling cruisers and classics, not sport bikes. The expectation is that the 600 will be dead by the end of next year (2005).

- Garry

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wantanaprilia said:
And the fact that it looks like a homosexual bumble bee from the front doesn`t sway you?
Nope, kinda turns me on:eyebrows:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
fluxpuppy said:
Better get one quick. Rumor has it they're going the way of the dinosaurs... There was an interview in Performance Bike magazine with the head of marketing at Triumph. The guy said they don't plan on competing with the Jap sport bikes and that they were going to concentrate on triples and twins. They're focusing on selling cruisers and classics, not sport bikes. The expectation is that the 600 will be dead by the end of next year (2005).

- Garry
So, what your saying is they will be collector's items....:rolleyes: :eyebrows: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the report is that 35 peeps went for a test ride. 4 Triumphs were sold during the week, and 1 on the day. Nobody crashed, and all the event coordinators were exhausted. All in all, it was a great turn out, and they were all impressed!!!!

Now for the weather...............:twofinger

·
Registered
505 Posts
fluxpuppy said:

- Garry
There was alot of talk about this on some of the European message boards,it doesn't look good,and with the direction they seem to be heading (thruxton,rocket ) they seem to want to be a bigger player in the retro/cruiser market.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think they will always have a Daytona.........the thing keeps winning the Isle of man..........they're not gonna get rid of a winner. There's too many PR possiblities.........too much gloating power............Christ look at Honda..........they win Daytona, and screw the rest of the season, let's just brag about one race all f-ing year

·
Registered
505 Posts
Inky said:
I think they will always have a Daytona.........the thing keeps winning the Isle of man..........they're not gonna get rid of a winner. There's too many PR possiblities.........too much gloating power............Christ look at Honda..........they win Daytona, and screw the rest of the season, let's just brag about one race all f-ing year
Only one problem inky,Triumph will not sponser Val-moto this year or anyone else at the Isle so they pulled out of the race,again not a good sign.
Please read about it here
http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=18&nid=83679

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
505 Posts
Well I hope its all just BS caus i want either a Sprint St or if the new trophy looks good...........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts