Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the rears of three motorcycles from 3 different manufacturers some years ago...well maybe some more.
Can you identify the bikes and find what they had in common?

Aris

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'll take a wild shot.

Honda: CB750 1981-2 ish
Kawasaki: GPZ 750 1982
Suzuki: GS750 1982

All three are part of a motorcycle comparo test...the manufacturer plate on the Suzuki gives it away?

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mheinee said:
I'll take a wild shot.

Honda: CB750 1981-2 ish
Kawasaki: GPZ 750 1982
Suzuki: GS750 1982

All three are part of a motorcycle comparo test...the manufacturer plate on the Suzuki gives it away?
You are very close to all three, but you didn't get anyone of them right.....
The picture is indeed from a comparo test, so all three have something in common ;)

Aris

·
Registered
22 Posts
vfroger said:
I'll take an even wilder shot: Honda CX500 Turbo, Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo, and Suzuki 650 Turbo.

All are turbos.
I know they are not turbos because I used to own a Suzuki turbo and the tailight doesn't match any of them.

Okay, let's go up in displacement

Honda: CB900f
Kawasaki: GPZ1100
Suzuki: GS1100e

The year in question would have to be 1981-82, because the tail section on the GPZ's was different in 1983. Am I closer?

·
Registered
41 Posts
know the top one is a 82 CB900 Super Sport because my nephew had one.

CB900 Super Sport
GPZ 900R
GS1000

Big Bore Comparo for 82 ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well????

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok is guess I win by default he he

·
Registered
373 Posts
mheinee said:
I know they are not turbos because I used to own a Suzuki turbo and the tailight doesn't match any of them.

Wow another fellow XN-85 rider. How long did you have yours?

I had mine for about 5 years. Nice bike wasn't it. It was cool having a fuel injected bike back in the early 80's. It was a little heavy though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought my XN-85 used from a college student in Davis in 1988. I put almost 35,000 miles on it in 2 years. I had my first racetrack experience with that bike, and also made a 2week trip to Calgary Alberta and back....best vacation I ever had :p

I have a lot of fond memories of that motorcycle. Some day I would like to find another one just to keep.

Funny thing, when I sold it, I sold it to the same person I bought it from for $1000 more than I paid. :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm thinking CBX1000, I'm thinking GPz1100, I'm thinking GS1000.

I'm also thinking sub 11s 1/4miles.

I'm also thinking I'm wrong :(

:)

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mheinee said:

Okay, let's go up in displacement

Honda: CB900f
Kawasaki: GPZ1100
Suzuki: GS1100e

The year in question would have to be 1981-82, because the tail section on the GPZ's was different in 1983. Am I closer?
Sorry for the delay answering this trivia, I had a problem with my connection here in Greece.
mheinee you re 100% correct :thumb: The year is 1981 and the common characteristic is that they are the top of the range (4 cyl) bikes of these manufacturers for the year.

Aris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts