Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
"The unit patrols each Thursday because that's sport bike night, when bikers are more likely to speed.
Wednesday nights attract Harley-Davidson owners -- and increased noise complaints. "

well at least they mentioned that...

·
Registered
231 Posts
"They issued 109 citations last Thursday in the 1-square-mile patrol area. Of those, nearly 20 of the tickets were issued to bikers. "

So what's the problem!?!?

Mike Muszall - He just attracts the police some how..... :twofinger

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
((((Did you all check out the poll and vote?))))

Prompted by neighbor complaints about loud engine noise and speeding motorcycles, the Oakland County Sheriff's Office has dramatically stepped up patrols Thursday nights, resulting in more tickets for drivers of all kinds of vehicles on thoroughfares including Interstate 696 and Woodward Avenue. Is the cracking down on bikers a needed protection of the communities or is it harassment?

It's needed protection 55.60%

It's harassment 44.40%

I think it's bullshit. Ok maybe if you're being obnoxious and doing wheelies and burn outs, then fine...you get a ticket. But almost everyone I know has an aftermarket pipe that's a little loud. Every Harley is loud...it's just a fact. The people that come down for the Wednesday and Thursday bike nights generate a lot of business down there. No one is "endangering" the residents. Do they really "need protection" :rolleyes: Pfffft... Whatever.

Jen

·
Registered
185 Posts
What is the guy in the picture doing?

Looks like he is trying to burn his hands on the hot exhaust.

109 tickets and 20 to bikes sounds about right to me. Less than 20%.

The business owners that are like bike night need to step up and talk to the police other words nothing will change.

Sad but true "its the squeeky wheel that gets the oil" if the people that live there are the only ones talking with the police then they are the only one that the police will listen too.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Fawk, I think Hooters in Novi would work. My Subaru club has an agreement with B Dub's and Fountain Walk for every Tuesday night. We never get harrassed by the Security or the cops, plus we have reserved seating for us every Tuesday at B Dubs so no waiting in line. It's an awesome deal. We could probably work something out with Hooters and Fountain Walk for next summer. :D

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
yamagirl said:
Fawk, I think Hooters in Novi would work. My Subaru club has an agreement with B Dub's and Fountain Walk for every Tuesday night. We never get harrassed by the Security or the cops, plus we have reserved seating for us every Tuesday at B Dubs so no waiting in line. It's an awesome deal. We could probably work something out with Hooters and Fountain Walk for next summer. :D
You're in a Subaru club? :confused: Anything else I should know before June :p

·
Registered
267 Posts
kawigirl_636 said:
*cough* *cough* I know of about 4 other GIRLS on this board! Can't you think of somewhere else? lol ;)

Jen
Hey..it ain't my fault they don't hire guys as wait staff...you girls can hang by the kitchen and watch the cooks...how's that? :) J/K

Hey....it's about the food anyway...the sightseeing is just icing on the cake....Actually....there is a decent amount of stuff in the Fountainwalk area including BW3, Carrabas (west oaks), Panda Buffet, a Deli, Chuck E. Cheese for the youngin's on the board :twofinger , etc....and a big parking lot.....

Justin

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
yamagirl said:
umm yeah, I have told you more than once, you just don't listen to me.
If it's that easy, Hey I'm an astronaut :cool:

·
Registered
966 Posts
20 tickets to bikes out of 109 tickets on BIKE NIGHT. Do you guy's actually think this is harasment. You are in a city with speed limits and pedestrians. Do you think that going over the speed limit, doing burn outs, wheelies or stoppies, reving your motors will go unnoticed. Be an adult and obey the simple laws they lay out for you and you will not have a problem. Be a squid and get a ticket, it's that simple. (off soap box now) :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts