Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man breaks leg kicking spider

A 19-year-old broke his leg in two places while kicking at a spider in the NSW Southern Highlands.

NRMA CareFlight said the teenager was flown to Liverpool Hospital in a stable condition from a property 25km west of Mittagong after the incident involving a large huntsman spider before 1pm (AEDT) today.

The force of the man's kick at the spider broke his right leg in two places and also killed the spider.
:laughing:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Then you had best move over to Cdn cookee for the weather is not warm enough to even turn any bug into something dangerous if it bites or you name it.

In the dojo at our Judo class the women would become so frightend to the diamond back beetle or whatever it is called. Still with bar feet we would stamp them out of live. Place was loaded with said diamond backs. No problem for their bite would not even come to a scratching bite.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smitty said:
Then you had best move over to Cdn cookee for the weather is not warm enough to even turn any bug into something dangerous if it bites or you name it...
If I ever move to Canada, it won't be because of the lack of bugs, but rather the abundance of deep, beautiful, white, powdery snow! :drool:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
cookeetree said:
If I ever move to Canada, it won't be because of the lack of bugs, but rather the abundance of deep, beautiful, white, powdery snow! :drool:

You truelly are demented. I mean, seriously.. there is something wrong with you!

hehe to each their own, I guess. I plan on moving to warmer climate to get out of this god-forsaken land full of evil white shit forcing my bike (and me) into hibernation for months on end.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ZX6R1033 said:
...I plan on moving to warmer climate to get out of this god-forsaken land full of evil white shit forcing my bike (and me) into hibernation for months on end.
You hibernate. I ski.

A world where I could ride for several months of the year and ski for several months...

...oh, to dream... :drool:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
cookeetree said:
You hibernate. I ski.

A world where I could ride for several months of the year and ski for several months...

...oh, to dream... :drool:
that would be nice but "several" would not be included in one of those factors in one way shape or form. when there's snow, theres salt, ice, sand, which means unsafe riding conditions. unfortunately, you cant have both. unless you also bought a sled, or snowmobile as some only know them as.

now sledding AND MC's, now THATS the best of both worlds!:thumb:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
That was my way as well, when younger. I skied like mad & actually set-up a sport shop that catered to mountaineers (rather then the Irish Linen shop with skies for winter time & back to linen in the summer time---no gear for mountaineers) & skiers, for you see I loved climbing as well. Come summertime it was m/cing to compettion along with climbing mountains.

Both of my knees are shot along with other things & it all means old age is upon me so it is riding though even in h/gun shooting the younger muscles are no longer in my body let alone arms & hands so grouping is starting to spread a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts