Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Youch!!! What a rocket ship that thing must be. Only very good, very experienced riders need apply. If not, make sure your health insurance is paid up ;). Boy, I can't wait to see what Honda and Yamaha come up with to kick that thing's ass. Actually, Kawasaki is due to revamp the aging ZX-9 as well. Either way, things should be getting VERY interesting in a year or two, just when I'll be in the market for a new toy. :) For now, I'll stick with my whimpy little 929, and enjoy the looks on all the Gixxer 1000 mounted squids while I ride around them in the corners and disappear in the distance!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Rosco, I hear that. People who whine and pout about different manufacturers and try and state their brand is best are silly. They are all good, and the competition only means your brand will be on top in a few years! I still really love Honda bikes, after my F3, and also hope that in about 2 years they have some great new offerings :) My car is paid off, my bike is paid off, so the future looks good to me, heh. Gixxer 750 will become a track bike to boot!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Yep, its unavoidable. There will be lotsa dead little boys and girls and Lotsa GSXR1000 parts...or pieces available this summer. Its already been noted that the bike ~other than being mega powerful~ is more inclined to the track and is not very forgiving of pilot error. I think I'll keep my old RR lest I become one of them! :rolleyes:

[Edited by HondaNut! on 01-16-2001 at 01:27 PM]

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Rossco929 said:
...For now, I'll stick with my whimpy little 929...
No kiddin', those 929's are turds. I wouldn't ride one of those with Pete's ass. ;) :D

As for the Gixxer 1K, I'm gonna' to buy a wrecked one. I'm sure it will be VERY soon!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
doh~! too late

Pete said:
Rossco929 said:
Only very good, very experienced riders need apply.
Well said.
already very new riders are planning there finances to buy a gixxer 1000~! doh!~ suddenly the r1 doesn't have enough horsepower... personally.i dont think you need sucha big bullpower bike in the canyons.. but bikes these days are sure pretty and i reckon thass y most of these unexperienced riders buy them.. i juss hope they use their heads and keep them on their shoulders.. :D:D

joseph
mosdefjos F
rocket

1 - 11 of 11 Posts