Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
That's almost as good as having a job which required you to ride a Harley for the entire two minutes until it self-destructs. Oh the pure JOY of watching a Milwaukee machine die beneath you. HeHeHe...evil grin...:mad:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yeah, I'd probably do that job for free(atleast part-time :D ) WTF is that explosion at the end...doesn't make any sense :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rug Burn said:
Yeah, I'd probably do that job for free(atleast part-time :D ) WTF is that explosion at the end...doesn't make any sense :confused:

Something blew ? Engine I guess ... If you have sound the guy explains how the driver push Ferrari's all day ... to destruction :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
Ferrari's

Indeed Ferrari's are lovely machines, but if my friend's experiences reflect the overall quality of the machines, they suck. He's owned a 348 Quatrovalvo, an old 246 Dino and a BB512 and you'd think he hired a full-time mechanic just to get home half the time. Those things were ALWAYS getting worked on and I know of at least four occasions when Ken was towed, due to a roadside failure. These units were regularly serviced by one of the foremost Ferrari dealerships in the country, so it wasn't some hack working on them. (BTW my Hardley Ableto has never failed to start or bring me home)

Ferrari's sure look grand but I'll keep the bride's old Porsche 911 SC, 20 years old and runs just great, even better, it's a "collector" so the insurance is $150 a year.

However, in keeping with the thread topic, it would be fun to blow up Silicon Valley Yuppie Mobiles for a living.

Cheers,
Kev

·
Registered
137 Posts
The engine blew because

That clip came from a Brittish show called Top Gear, the story is, The guy driving it's his job to drive Ferraris until they blow, that's all he does.

He Rev's the tits off them, puts them through the toughest drive possible all in the interest of development.

Where do I apply?

Ross
CBR1100xx

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Headgasket

As far as I can gather it looks like the car lost the headgasket. Reason I say this is b/c the amount of steam that is expelled and the apparent pressure that it's under. Could be as simple as a radiator hose or the radiator itself but I doubt it by the amount of compression that it was under. It doesn't make sense though as RB stated b/c he is braking?!? I guess it's just running too damn hot which would further the theory of the headgasket going.

I wouldn't mind blowing up a few Ferraris. Lords knows I've blown up enough Jap bikes.

[Edited by chris_y2k_r1 on 11-10-2000 at 07:22 AM]

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Exploding Wheel?

I thought maybe one of his front wheels blew (AKA R1 style) :D If he would have been accelerating hard and around redline I'd go with the head gasket theory, but I think it was staged...looks like he was finished driving and just happened to be facing away from the camera. If Ferrari's are that weak, I'll have to cancel my order for the Modena :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts