Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first day I picked up my new bike from the dealer I also picked up a nail in the rear tire. Yup, 55 miles on it and already nailed! Now I have 3500 miles on it (and the nail!). The tire is still in great shape. I don't ride at 100%. Do you think I should cough up the $60.00 to pay the dealer to fix it or just wait until the tread wears out and buy a new tire? A new tire will cost $100.00.

------------------

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nohenrys:
...Do you think I should cough up the $60.00 to pay the dealer to fix it or just wait until the tread wears out and buy a new tire? A new tire will cost $100.00.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll take "replacing a damaged tire" for $100 please Alex...

Don't risk serious damage to you or your bike. Replace it now. :)

------------------
-Paul
You're slow, and your mother dresses you funny.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ditto the new tire for $100. Seems very cheap for tire (in the grand scheme of sportbike-parts-pricing).

Not that there is any guarantee against it happening in another 55miles, but $100 is probably less than the towing/hauling it would take to get it home from the place it finally bails on you.

------------------

P

·
0 Posts
Did I read that right - you're still riding with the nail in it, after 3,445 miles?! At the very least, you could use a $2 plug from WallyWorld to replace the nail. Ditto what was already said; between your choices of a $60 repair or a $100 tire, the answer is obvious.

P.S. Stay away from a shop that charges you $60 to patch a nail hole. That's a rip-off in the third degree.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts