Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im 20 living in GA, just purchased a brand new 2005 suzuki gsxr600. i dont understand why people tell me not to get a 600 for a first bike... i didnt have a problem with it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,448 Posts
Yellowgixxer600 said:
...i dont understand why people tell me not to get a 600 for a first bike...
Because, generally, new riders and big hp, very twitchy bikes don't mix. There's lots of horror stories, so PLEASE take it easy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Re: Re: The One!

cookeetree said:
Because, generally, new riders and big hp, very twitchy bikes don't mix. There's lots of horror stories, so PLEASE take it easy!
haha I think yall arent smart for saying people cant handle 600s.. really ..i mean you dont even know these people for all you know they could smoke your ass at riden. I;ve riden in all prolly 10 minutes of rideing on a sportbike...and im better than alot of people in my town..and TwitchY? thats dumb to..My Gsxr is smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth. Nothing twitchy abot it. maybe i have good throttle and clutch control considering i been rideing dirtbikes all my life..i could handle any bike out there. not saying im gunna roll teh throttle all teh time. and take cornesra at 150. but its not like you get on a bike with a little power and you roll it over. Thats just Ignorence....It pisses me off when people like you try to tell people you dont konw what to do..waht to think and how much skill they have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
I'm not getting into another pissing match over why you should/shouldn't start on a modern 600...but I'd like to know, Olson, how you feel you can "handle any bike out there," when you're riding experience is all but 10 minutes?

Just take it easy, guys. You're going to make mistakes on these bikes, just make them going at a reasonable pace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
slaps76 said:
I'm not getting into another pissing match over why you should/shouldn't start on a modern 600...but I'd like to know, Olson, how you feel you can "handle any bike out there," when you're riding experience is all but 10 minutes?

Just take it easy, guys. You're going to make mistakes on these bikes, just make them going at a reasonable pace.
I feel this way simply because...they arent like you guys say the are smooth. You dont barely gas n it and end up on your back . you dont have to haul ass its fun and ismple and easy. its only as hard as you make it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
Olson said:
I feel this way simply because...they arent like you guys say the are smooth. You dont barely gas n it and end up on your back . you dont have to haul ass its fun and ismple and easy. its only as hard as you make it
Dude, just stop. We get your point. You are the next rossi, you can handle any bike on the face of the planet. 10 minutes is enough for you to know everything there is about sportbikes.
Obviously no one here has ever ridden before, and we just making up this whole twitchy thing. Go get your gixxer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
No Need to be a prick man. just stating the facts. and as i said up there. im not a pro i wont take fast corners and i dont roll on the throttle all the time dude. i said they arent really twitchy they are smooth yall act like when you barely increase the throttle you shootup to 200mph in first
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
Olson said:
No Need to be a prick man. just stating the facts. and as i said up there. im not a pro i wont take fast corners and i dont roll on the throttle all the time dude. i said they arent really twitchy they are smooth yall act like when you barely increase the throttle you shootup to 200mph in first
You want a fact. Chew on this one. After 10 minutes of riding a sportbike there is no way you can know a damn thing about them. You cant possibly know how its going to behave hitting a few sharp bumps, wet pavement or some oil stains. You cant possibly know how its going to behave with a low tire, or what to do if your tire blows out (thats worst case scenario too right? tires dont really blow). Everyone here is trying to help you, trying to make sure you are still around a year from now. Izzy is willing to take time off to personally meet with you. Instead you are acting like a knowit all kid, and get all asshurt about it.
I spent this weekend pulling an R1 (new rider) that went thru a tree at over 170. Luckily the rider lived. He thought he could handle it too.
I got my first tank slapper too. just going over some railroad tracks. Same ones I've gone over hundreds times before. Yeah, the normally smooth bike tried to rip my arms out of sockets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Vash said:
You want a fact. Chew on this one. After 10 minutes of riding a sportbike there is no way you can know a damn thing about them. You cant possibly know how its going to behave hitting a few sharp bumps, wet pavement or some oil stains. You cant possibly know how its going to behave with a low tire, or what to do if your tire blows out (thats worst case scenario too right? tires dont really blow). Everyone here is trying to help you, trying to make sure you are still around a year from now. Izzy is willing to take time off to personally meet with you. Instead you are acting like a knowit all kid, and get all asshurt about it.
I spent this weekend pulling an R1 (new rider) that went thru a tree at over 170. Luckily the rider lived. He thought he could handle it too.
I got my first tank slapper too. just going over some railroad tracks. Same ones I've gone over hundreds times before. Yeah, the normally smooth bike tried to rip my arms out of sockets.
Ok i just explained to you i dont haul ass yet. i can handle anytyhing riding slow. and im not being asshurt at all dude. and he handled that R1 until he decited to push it beyond his limits. am i right.?? yep sure am. and yea ima meet up with him sometme. hes a nice fella
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
how can you know your limits in 10 min on the bike? I am still learning my limits all the time.... they change as conditions do examples... weather traffic visibility tire condition and that crazy voice in my head saying slow down [email protected] (which has saved me before from tickets and potential diggers)... and as for being a pro at riding slow or as you say handle anything? why dont you go out and do some slow (walking speed) circles ( 10-15ft in diameter) in a parking lot or in a quiet 2 lane road.... or if your a pro at slow stuff just do them with no hands....




edited: the voice in my head told me to.... :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hater!

there just hating bro, they talk all this shit b.c they werent natural at it. LIKE US! lol... it just so happens that 3 of my friends started with a 600 or a 1000, and they never laid it down. you guys make it the hardest thing to do. there just jealous b.c they dont gave gix like us dueace
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,437 Posts
Re: hater!

Yellowgixxer600 said:
there just jealous b.c they dont gave gix like us dueace
I'm just jealous of your spelling! :love:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
624 Posts
"May I have your attention please?
May I have your attention please?
Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Slim Shady please stand up?
We're gonna have a problem here..

Y'all act like you never seen a white person before
Jaws all on the floor like Pam, like Tommy just burst in the door
and started whoopin her ass worse than before
they first were divorce, throwin her over furniture (Ahh!)
It's the return of the... "Ah, wait, no way, you're kidding,
he didn't just say what I think he did, did he?"
And Dr. Dre said... nothing you idiots!
Dr. Dre's dead, he's locked in my basement! (Ha-ha!)
Feminist women love Eminem {*vocal turntable:
chigga chigga chigga*} "Slim Shady, I'm sick of him
Look at him, walkin around grabbin his you-know-what
Flippin the you-know-who," "Yeah, but he's so cute though!"
Yeah, I probably got a couple of screws up in my head loose
But no worse, than what's goin on in your parents' bedrooms
Sometimes, I wanna get on TV and just let loose, but can't
but it's cool for Tom Green to hump a dead moose
"My bum is on your lips, my bum is on your lips"
And if I'm lucky, you might just give it a little kiss
And that's the message that we deliver to little kids
And expect them not to know what a woman's clitoris is
Of course they gonna know what intercourse is
By the time they hit fourth grade
They got the Discovery Channel don't they?
"We ain't nothing but mammals.." Well, some of us cannibals
who cut other people open like cantaloupes {*SLURP*}
But if we can hump dead animals and antelopes
then there's no reason that a man and another man can't elope
{*EWWW!*} But if you feel like I feel, I got the antidote
Women wave your pantyhose, sing the chorus and it goes

Chorus: Eminem (repeat 2X)

I'm Slim Shady, yes I'm the real Shady
All you other Slim Shadys are just imitating
So won't the real Slim Shady please stand up,
please stand up, please stand up?

[Eminem]
Will Smith don't gotta cuss in his raps to sell his records;
well I do, so fuck him and fuck you too!
You think I give a damn about a Grammy?
Half of you critics can't even stomach me, let alone stand me
"But Slim, what if you win, wouldn't it be weird?"
Why? So you guys could just lie to get me here?
So you can, sit me here next to Britney Spears?
Shit, Christina Aguilera better switch me chairs
so I can sit next to Carson Daly and Fred Durst
and hear 'em argue over who she gave head to first
You little bitch, put me on blast on MTV
"Yeah, he's cute, but I think he's married to Kim, hee-hee!"
I should download her audio on MP3
and show the whole world how you gave Eminem VD {*AHHH!*}
I'm sick of you little girl and boy groups, all you do is annoy me
so I have been sent here to destroy you {*bzzzt*}
And there's a million of us just like me
who cuss like me; who just don't give a fuck like me
who dress like me; walk, talk and act like me
and just might be the next best thing but not quite me!

Chorus

[Eminem]
I'm like a head trip to listen to, cause I'm only givin you
things you joke about with your friends inside your living room
The only difference is I got the balls to say it
in front of y'all and I don't gotta be false or sugarcoated at all
I just get on the mic and spit it
and whether you like to admit it {*ERR*} I just shit it
better than ninety percent of you rappers out can
Then you wonder how can kids eat up these albums like valiums
It's funny; cause at the rate I'm goin when I'm thirty
I'll be the only person in the nursin home flirting
Pinchin nurses asses when I'm jackin off with Jergens
And I'm jerkin but this whole bag of Viagra isn't working
And every single person is a Slim Shady lurkin
He could be workin at Burger King, spittin on your onion rings
{*HACH*} Or in the parkin lot, circling
Screaming "I don't give a fuck!"
with his windows down and his system up
So, will the real Shady please stand up?
And put one of those fingers on each hand up?
And be proud to be outta your mind and outta control
and one more time, loud as you can, how does it go?

Chorus 2X

[Eminem]
Ha ha
Guess there's a Slim Shady in all of us
Fuck it, let's all stand up"


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
Re: hater!

Yellowgixxer600 said:
there just hating bro, they talk all this shit b.c they werent natural at it. LIKE US! lol... it just so happens that 3 of my friends started with a 600 or a 1000, and they never laid it down. you guys make it the hardest thing to do. there just jealous b.c they dont gave gix like us dueace
Como??? I see you're bilingual. English and Ebonics, keep up the good work, sport.

And for the record there Rossi, I learned how to ride on 600's, and never dumped, so I was "fine" too...and still don't think it's a good idea. Luckily I went smaller for the first bike I owned, a 250. Then a Katana 600, which is "slow" for today's standards. Both bikes I can recall situations/mistakes I made where if I were on a litre bike I would have been thrown off the thing.

But I must not be a natural at motorcycling, like you. I'm so jealous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
We've been trolled by two fourteen year old kids who wouldn't know a bike if it ran over them.

Effectively too, by the looks of things.

I respect the people that tried to give actual advice to these two pissflaps, but it's obvious they're just here to rile everyone up and have some laughs.

They don't have bikes and they watched too much JD3 last weekend, so they decided to spew this verbal crap on our board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i laugh in your face

Its funny how you guys are bagging on me about my spelling. OH WAIT i just go to the top engineering school in the nation, AND OH SHIT its backed by my 1490 SAT score. so please stfu. and which college do you go? thats what i thought. now if you will stfu i have a 10 page essay to write(on christoper columbus and his practice of genocide) oh wait why did i write that you guys wouldnt understand.
 
1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Top