Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dammit! I messed up. Just went out a fired up the new track bike. Its been about 2 months, and it fired right up. I will be taking it up to L7 to get tuned here pretty soon. I shouldn't have done that. I really want to get new bodywork for it, but i think I will leave the beat up stuff on for the first few track days.

My first will be April 19 - 20 with Apex

2nd will be the KSSS On Memorial Day (can't freakin wait)

I am considering going somewhere the first weekend in May. If anyone else is hitting the track that weekend, let me know. I am going to go on STT and see where they will be. My Whitewater Rafting trip fell through for that weekend, so might as well spend it at the track.

Heres a pic in case y'all forgot what it looks like. :burnout:

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
word jon...i've had about all i can take...........i'll be there on the 19 and 20th.....should be a ton a fun working out the cobwebs and dont worry you wont be the only one with shot plastics, mine could use some paint as well....

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I am considering going somewhere the first weekend in May. If anyone else is hitting the track that weekend, let me know. I am going to go on STT and see where they will be. My Whitewater Rafting trip fell through for that weekend, so might as well spend it at the track.

Heres a pic in case y'all forgot what it looks like. :burnout:
May 3rd and 4th w/ STT. We'll be there and then maybe May 16th for LED at Grattan. Then May 31st and June 1st after we get back from KSSS.:thumbs2:

·
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid
1,142 Posts
Well I can say I am 100% with you.

I am doing a few new mods to the bike and should be good to ride, as well as flushing all the fluids.

If team chicago is fairly warm I will be there. Otherwise Putnam here I come, this year is looking great for me, lots of trackdays.

-Nick

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey there - I know I've been kinda quiet. Work is busy (I'm in Wisconsin right now). I should know what my summer schedule looks like by the second week of April - then I'll post up...

I'm going to CSS at Streets of Willow so I'll get my itch scratched.

I'm also still waiting for my bodywork to be returned from the painter. I need to put on my new Elka shock, to install frame sliders, covers, fairing stay, 520chain conversion etc...

Still all in all - it should be a great summer, huh! :D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
May 3rd and 4th w/ STT. We'll be there and then maybe May 16th for LED at Grattan. Then May 31st and June 1st after we get back from KSSS.:thumbs2:
sounds like a great weekend to hit the track. What do you say Jon?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Yeah, I am going to book it tonight. If ya want, we can ride together.

Jon
sounds like a plan Jon. do you want to use your trailer or mine? and ill book both days this weekend. you are doing both days, or only one?

dave

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Are we talking about April or May? We are playing April 19th and 20th by ear, depending on the temperature outside.
i hope Jon and I are talking about may 3 and 4. by the way, i havent looked on stt's site, the may 3/4 date is at grattan? the april date imo is too soon, i want decently warm weather to play on, and not have to worry about cold tires and cold track conditions. but who knows, it might be 80* on the april trackday, you never know with michigan weather.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i hope Jon and I are talking about may 3 and 4. by the way, i havent looked on stt's site, the may 3/4 date is at grattan? the april date imo is too soon, i want decently warm weather to play on, and not have to worry about cold tires and cold track conditions. but who knows, it might be 80* on the april trackday, you never know with michigan weather.

Yeah, definitely the first weekend in May. I might have my enclosed trailer by then, but if not, we will use yours. I can pull it with the truck.

This will give me two trackdays before KSSS. I have a feeling, i will need them. I am

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are we talking about April or May? We are playing April 19th and 20th by ear, depending on the temperature outside.
I already signed up for that one too. I signed up thinking you guys were going. :confused:

Guess I'll be freezing my ass off alone.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump in hopes of fabulous weather the 19th and 20th and a complete bike.....I am almost there......just need to finish up the bodywork, oil change, safety wire, jumpwire the kickstand sensor and remove the kickstand. New tires, can't forget those.:D

Oh yeah....and start and finish Lucky's bike.;)
Thanks for the PM Jane. I am completely set for the 19th and 20th. Well... except for the fact that my bike is going to L7 tomorrow, and I also need tires, and I don't have a trailer yet.

Scott promised to have the bike ready, and I think the tires on the bike are ok for 1 or 2 trackdays. I should have the trailer before then, but if not, I'll be asking Chuck to borrow the redline trailer.

I can't freakin wait.

Oh, and I need to get ahold of Nick for some new boots.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts