1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
"If you want a fast left hand car with Vietmamese suspension..." they did tear our shit up.:tp:

I can't disagree about the plastic comment, but it did beat their precious Lotus. LOL

J

·
0 Posts
the new vette is ugly imo... looks like a stretched a mr2 with modena headlights
Are you kidding??? I was sitting at a light last week next to one of these... it's frickin great...
I'm a mustang guy so in my opinion it can't hold a flame to the 05' but a stout automobile anyhow..

·
Registered
246 Posts
jackdrinker said:
Are you kidding??? I was sitting at a light last week next to one of these... it's frickin great...
I'm a mustang guy so in my opinion it can't hold a flame to the 05' but a stout automobile anyhow..
i saw one on the street about a week ago,
i CANNOT stand the front end. It's just too flat in the middle and they completly killed off the two openings in the front that have been part of the design since '68. The rest of the car looks good though, its just the front is :barf:

I'd take the current c5 over the new thing....

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Jack, you woulda liked to have been in Royal Oak two weeks ago. Someone drove a new Stang GTR down main street. It had an M plate...but awesome none the less.

As far as the vettes go, I really dig them especially the round rear tail lights. The front takes a bit of getting used to, but its just one less thing to break (ie the flip up lights). Its pretty peppy too. My buddy brought home a new convertible two weeks ago (GM's car) I thought it was just as fast as the '04 Z06.

J

·
0 Posts
about a month ago I was coming out of the car wash on 17/mound... when out of nowhere a bright red streak went by...
it was a GT40 with an m/plate.
This thing was amazing, I'd never seen one in person.... I guess they will be available soon..
oh, back to the vette..
I think they finally got it right:
shortened it, cleaned up that ugly back half, made the front a modern design ( i like the lights )
now all they need to do is:::: come out with the stripped car they said they would 5 years ago.. $32,000 only available with a stick, hardtop and cloth seats... oh ya, only in white...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
jackdrinker said:
now all they need to do is:::: come out with the stripped car they said they would 5 years ago.. $32,000 only available with a stick, hardtop and cloth seats... oh ya, only in white...
I like it, I like it. As of 2001, if you had a race license (whatever that means) GM will sell you a corvette for about $20k. It has no doors, hood, fenders, wheels, radio, seats, or safety equipment such as bumper reinforcements and air bags. Basically just the shell and drivetrain. The car is meant for "track use only."

J

·
0 Posts
Ford sells " shells " it's called body in white.. no power train though, just sheet metal... I've seen them for like $3,000..
I can imagine corvette guy's blowing an o' ring if they sold one around $30,000... They would lose their "pristine", if that already hasn't happened with the amount of kids driving them in high school..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts